Refurbing / chroming 3 piece wheels

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Daz

M roadster S54

Refurbing / chroming 3 piece wheels

Post by Daz »

I had my Schnitzer type III racing wheels refurbished about 2 years ago and was initially very pleased with the job.

Over the winter, the outer rims which are lacquered are starting to get a bit grubby again. It seems damp/moisture has got under the lacquer and white marks have started to appear.

I reckon the only way to stop this happening continually is to get the outer rims chromed. I reckon it would look pretty damn cool too.

The inner sections need a repaint as well which I would imagine is a pretty standard type of job, and the middle sections are fine.

The best known local company "Spit n Polish" will not touch 3 piece rims and I don't want to go back to the last folk who refurbished as their job didn't last too long.

Can anybody recommend a company in the South East (ish) who can dismantle / refurb / chrome etc?

Any info much appreciated.

Regards,

Daz
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Hi mate, your other alternative is not to laquer them at all, the only problem being they need a polish a bit more often :) (i did this on my old BBS RM's on my dub)
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Daz, you have pm :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Try googling BM Autosport, they'll sort you out with what you need, although I'm not sure that chroming the wheels will doable with them... personally I would have them mirror polished without any lacquer. So long as you clean and polish them regularly they'll be ok, but I wouldn't recommend running them through outer salt-coated winter roads!
Black Knight

Z3 roadster 2.0

Wheel Repairs-chroming-polishing-etc.

Post by Black Knight »

If anyone is interested there is a company that does repairs, polishing, electrostatic powder coatings. It is in Germany and they will do any and all types of wheels.
I met this past week end Mr. Daradan, he is stationed in Slovenia and does the wheel repairs, welding, straightening.
Here is the Link. It might be better to open it in the German language if you come across problems with the English Link, but at least there are some ionteresting solutions to see.:P

When you see the blue and white chrome wheel place the mouse on the red bolt heads arround the rim to enter in the different areas. :rtm:

http://www.daradan-kfz.de/index2.html
"La Dolce Vita" a Z3 in the summer.....nhaaaaah a Z3 every day
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

very good web site
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.