Carnauba Wash & Wax

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Carnauba Wash & Wax

Post by alec.m »

I`ve heard Carnauba mentioned on here somewhere. Don`t know the merits of it but it`s on special buy list at Aldi this Thursday - £2.99 for 3 litres. Seems cheap.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

can't be any good, it doesn't have a name like "Poor Collin's Chemical Moose Juice"
only random named ones must be used :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Carnuba wax special formula for 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay is £2239 a tub.
Maybe the Aldi product is a different formula !!!!!!!
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

not the same stuff at aldi i think.

The 'BEAST' 666
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

It is a naturally occurring wax from a palm tree. Used a lot in car polish as it is supposed to be hard wearing. I’d have no problem using a car shampoo/polish containing it. After all Aldi sells no-nonsense, non-branded items and is a German firm!
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

aldi are great, top draw stuff

The 'BEAST' 666
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Badman gee wrote:aldi are great, top draw stuff
what, pencils and paper and the like?
Pingu
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Phil wrote:Carnuba wax special formula for 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay is £2239 a tub.
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

Phil wrote:Carnuba wax special formula for 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay is £2239 a tub.
An absolute bargain compared to this one, then;

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymolsolaris.aspx

But you do qualify for free refills apparently!!! Maybe that's why the limited run of units have all sold out!!!!!

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Mouldy wrote:
An absolute bargain compared to this one, then;

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymolsolaris.aspx

But you do qualify for free refills apparently!!! Maybe that's why the limited run of units have all sold out!!!!!
I've not seen that one but have seen the Royale wax they do at >£8k per tub. They are ued by profesional detailers who do the volume to benefit from the free refills ;-)

If you go to Matts (offyourmarks) detailing workshop with the BMWCC in a few weeks he usually has some

http://www.monzacarcare.com/zymol-car-w ... a-glaze/0/
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

I thought it was Gookah's Z4 ///M in that video at first, never seen another carbon black one.

I think he should get some of that wax, it made that ///M look amazing. I can use it then and he can stick with his Mr Sheen :shock:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

g8jka wrote:
I thought it was Gookah's Z4 ///M in that video at first, never seen another carbon black one.

I think he should get some of that wax, it made that ///M look amazing. I can use it then and he can stick with his Mr Sheen :shock:
hmmm.... £8350 for a tub,
mine is still shinier than that :D .... besides, I refuse to pay the extortionate £4.95 postage, (allthough they are throwing in 4 free microfiber cloths)

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

This is the real deal http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARLY-WAX-car ... 248wt_1139
I met the chap who sells it in his 1974 De Tomaso Pantera GTS on the ferry back from Le Mans. I digress. Anyway so I bought some & was very pleased. Needs slightly more elbow grease as it's not mixed with thinners like all the branded crap that costs a fortune in Halfrauds !
But it gives a long lasting deep shine. I think it goes on thicker as it's pure wax.
'High G' motoring enthusiast