Rear Bumper

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Rear Bumper

Post by Southernboy »

Can anyone tell me what th gap should be between the top of the rear bumper and the back quarter panels?? I have just collected my car from the paint shop, where they removed the rear and front bumpers in the process of painting / repairing etc...I just seem to think that 8mm is far too large a gap, and perhaps the bumper hasn't been refitted correctly...Any help here would be appreciated... :roll:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
PCSAM

blank

Re: Rear Bumper

Post by PCSAM »

send me a pic mate and ill put it up for you ....
Radlitt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Radlitt »

Hello SB,
I've got 5-6mm gap on mine.

Jeremy
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I've just been out to have a look and noticed that the bumper seems very "loose".. I'll have a closer look in the daylight tomorrow... sort of dissapointing that the re-fitting is so careless... More tomorrow. Thanks for the replies guys... :lol:
"Normal is overrated"

Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

bumper removal and refit

Have a look half way down the page, tolerances for the bumper given.

HTH
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks for that Brian.....sure does help to get a clear picture of what should be...... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I am really grateful for the help from you guys...I removed the bumper this morning, and managed to have my mechanic pop in with a "special tool" which fits inside the mounts on the car, and adjusts the final tightened position of the bumper...I didn't know this was possible, but all sorted now. Gap is down to 5mm.
Still P'd off with the paint shop for messing about with the monts, and not checking their finished work. I've also finally re-assembled/fitted all the exterior stuff/trim/lights etc...and good to have the Z completed and back on the road...
Tomorrow I'll give it a thorough clean up..these paint guys never seem to clean as well as one might like...always white dusty stuff in odd places... anyway, it'll give me the excuse to spend the day in the spring sunshine...
"Normal is overrated"