greygate plastic polish

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
tangomachine

blank

greygate plastic polish

Post by tangomachine »

Just thought id give the people that dont already know about this a 'heads up'

Bought some off ebay this week and it is amazing stuff. Brought my back window up like new. There was a crease mark where the window folds and now you cant even see it.

would of taken some before and after pictures but its too dark to see the differences now with my phone camera :(
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: greygate plastic polish

Post by geminimustang »

Thanks for this feedback,i'll be getting some this week based on your recommendation.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

can you post a link ? :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

I can recommend Greygate too. I got a bottle 3 years ago and just got another this week.

This is the link I used. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREYGATE-PLAS ... 19c80d7bd9
tangomachine

blank

Post by tangomachine »

Yeah thats the stuff. Doesnt need a machine either for good results i did it by hand
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

If you use it regularly with a megs polishing pad it keeps the plastic from going brittle so it stays nice and soft or folding :) Its the best stuff out there.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hopefully keeping it soft doesn't apply to fighter jet windscreens.... :wink:
I've just checked the link, and all the other sellers....Not a single one posts to South Africa... :?: :?: :?: :shrug
Anyone need something to do near a Post Office this winter/ :roll:
"Normal is overrated"

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Southernboy wrote:Hopefully keeping it soft doesn't apply to fighter jet windscreens.... :wink:
I've just checked the link, and all the other sellers....Not a single one posts to South Africa... :?: :?: :?: :shrug
Anyone need something to do near a Post Office this winter/ :roll:
If you want to buy some and send it to me I can post it on for you at cost, via paypal - I could even try it for you :lol:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Chris you're so kind!! And I get the added bonus of having my very own pre-use testing facility... :D
If I order via eBay, I will need your del addy, alternately, you could order some for me, Post it on to me and give me the bill, which I can pay via PayPal...which seems less convoluted to me.
It will require you to use Royal Mail, and ask them for a tracking number...I know it costs more, but it's worth it to me from a security aspect here...

Perhaps you can PM me your details once you have bought it etc. Try for the 100ml @ £4.95 or thereabouts...as I noticed some are selling it as high as £8.95...same 100ml. I must keep my cost low as postage is a B*^+h from th UK.
And yes, you're welcome tp test it, but only if you can do the job with less than 10ml. :roflmao: OK, 20ml...That's 20% of the bottle!! I will be grateful for your assistance...but only 20% grateful !! :D
"Normal is overrated"

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Hi Southernboy,

Not a problem matey, I know how helpful you have been on this forum and thus it's nice to give something back as they say.

Anyway, there appears to be the option of 60g tubes as per
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREYGATE-BAKE ... 1c28094b13

or 100ml as per

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Bran ... 19d63ac5b7

Which do you want? I think they are the same product? I also think the tubes will be cheaper to post (royal mail) owing to the width of package.

Let me know what you want and I'll order it - when it's here I'll get in touch re postage costs :wink:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hi Chris...that is very kind of you !! The tube will do just perfect... Might be practical to get two...since the postage for one or two will be fairly much the same..I mean, there's probably a "basic" cost plus weight... so the basic will be there anyway for one as for two...
I'll have two please Sir.... :wink:

PM me when you have them and know the postage cost.. Please use a "Signed for" postage...I know it's more expensive, but please understand, over here the postal workers are up for it if there's no form of tracking... Very sad really, but it's the way it is.

Look forward to your call then, and thankyou for your help. Really appreciated. :cheers
"Normal is overrated"

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

@ Southernboy - 2 tubs just ordered bud :)

I'll get in tough when they arrive :zmurf:
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Postage is going to be roughly £10 for signed for service, with approx 5-day delivery period.

Items are £7.50 for two delivered to me which aint bad :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I would say I'm more than happy, but I believe anyone "more than happy iether gets arrested or is likely to be put in a straight-jacket...
I f you send me your PayPal addy once you have firmed up your pricing...it may cost more for postage..maybe. Anyhow, I am grateful for your kindness. Let me know when you're ready for me to send the moola..

Can't wait to test it out....my rear window has been cleaned with Macguires Plastix, but I'm really not happy with the result..and if this is good enough to allow fighter jet screens to become clear, I shan't be dissapointed.
Cheers Chris.
"Normal is overrated"

cooknerkid

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cooknerkid »

I bought some Greygates when I bought the zedster 18 months ago-- It looked as if car had been left out under a tree over the winter, had a sort of green tinge to it!!!!i cleaned the window twice by hand , and was pleased with the results- I cant say it got all the scratches out from line that the roof makes when folded down , but I can see through it much clearer than before. Needs doing again evey 3 months or so-- I would recommend it with no hesitataion.
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

@ Southernboy - goods have arrived :)

I'll PM details right away.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Good news...I'll await your PM then...or are you giving your M rear window a once over.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Am tempted to get out the polishing cloth, best send the funds quick :lol:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

They've been sent already...put the cloth away!! :D
"Normal is overrated"

chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Was too busy changing another heater bulb to worry about the rear screen yesterday so they're still 100% intact :) - just dropped them off at the P.Office this morning (via BMW parts dept.) I'll pm you the details :arrow:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

"Normal is overrated"