z3 roadster floor mats

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

z3 roadster floor mats

Post by Southernboy »

I'm sure this topic has been covered before. I've had a look on eBay, and there are piles of them. Some suppliers will not post to South Africa, some will. Problem is, looking at what's on offer, it seems some carpet mats are not the correct shape. I can get a local company to make me a set, but again, they don't fit absolutely correctly, and they can't do the colours I want,(RED with BLACK edge trim) and are more of a hassle than a benefit. If anyone knows of a supplier that actually makes these up in the correct fit, please let me know. I'm not overly concerned with the twist lock system being incorporated, but the correct shape is important otherwise they look as if they've been "hacked". Finally, they must make them in a velour material. There are some suppliers that make a cut or looped pile type mat. These are just not durable, and the loop pile seems to get hooked up on womens high heels....(no, I don't wear high heels...not even when not driving!! :D )
A link to a supplier that I can order from online will be good... 8-)
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: z3 roadster floor mats

Post by Captain »

I've got a set of original red mats, which you are welcome to have. They don't have black around the edge.
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Just be aware of the e-bay mats, especially the cheaper ones, they tend be as good a fit as the OEM mats but they don't come with any fixing points/velcro etc and they tend to curl up at the edges being of poorer quality. I bought a set on red mats for 20 quid when I first had the zed and they slid around all over the shop :? I have rubber mats in now for winter use :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I have taken "Captain's" offer of his OEM red mats...If need be I'll have the edges re-trimmed in black. He made me "an offer I couldn't refuse..." ....free!!
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

Southernboy wrote:I have taken "Captain's" offer of his OEM red mats...If need be I'll have the edges re-trimmed in black. He made me "an offer I couldn't refuse..." ....free!!
yes but him insisting on putting sand in the lube will hurt you long time :shock: :shock: :D