thinking of having a blast

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
magicmitch

Z3 roadster 3.0i

thinking of having a blast

Post by magicmitch »

has anyone bought a jet washer recently, thinking of investing in one to give the Zed a proper post winter clean down. Probably be the only blast it will get over Easter with the pathetic weather!!
there seem to be quite a few around the £70 - £100 mark, so just wondered if you had any advice??
cheers
Bazza1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: thinking of having a blast

Post by Bazza1 »

I now have Halfords own make it seems OK to me, used to have a Karcher that died? you don't want to get to close when blasting the dirt of it causes scratching? first off use a snow foam to loosen dirt.
Baz :)
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Wouldn't dream of using a jet wash on Zelda. They are, in my opnion, just designed for speedy cleaning. I reckon they must blast dirt INTO the paint work,and as mentioned, cause scratching. A proper wash, with rain water (when available) is in my opinion, the best way to wash a lady!

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
magicmitch

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by magicmitch »

thanks for the replies, I was thinking more of using it to blast away crud from under the wheel arches etc and to give the brakes a good clean, its been under wraps for 3 months now so my feeble hosepipe may not be up to the job!
mwpe

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mwpe »

Euro car parts have a good offer this weekend, 50 percent discount on a Karcher K2. Pressure washers are ideal for under the wheel arches etc. The important thing is not to get too close with the lance.
Robin82

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robin82 »

I wouldnt bother at all with any kind of pressure washer. They are designed to strip embedded dirt from slabs and patio's... I would instead use the money to invest in some A class detailing products. I HIGHLY recommend anything by Poor Boy... Especially Blackhole, blew me away when I first used it. Seriously unbelievable product. (unless your Zed has the paintwork of a 2 year old car)
magicmitch

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by magicmitch »

Robin82 wrote:I wouldnt bother at all with any kind of pressure washer. They are designed to strip embedded dirt from slabs and patio's... I would instead use the money to invest in some A class detailing products. I HIGHLY recommend anything by Poor Boy... Especially Blackhole, blew me away when I first used it. Seriously unbelievable product. (unless your Zed has the paintwork of a 2 year old car)
cheers Robin , you obviously love your Zed more than I love mine :D
magicmitch

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by magicmitch »

mwpe wrote:Euro car parts have a good offer this weekend, 50 percent discount on a Karcher K2. Pressure washers are ideal for under the wheel arches etc. The important thing is not to get too close with the lance.

cheers, Euro car parts is a good site, will order !!