The 10 MINUTE SEATBELT GUIDE FIX *

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

The 10 MINUTE SEATBELT GUIDE FIX *

Post by Southernboy »

Here's a really worthwhile piece of Z3 DIY info. It's in the Z3 Knowledgebase and was first posted by Mike Fishwick back in 2007. The modification of the seatbelt guide to be replaced without the hassle of removing the seat and then the upholstery to access the fitting is simple and constitutes a fixing method which IMO, BMW should have employed as part of its original methodology. For those who have encountered the broken seat belt guide issue, or will need to deal with the problem now, this guide / optional fitting proposal is worth reading. :rtm:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: The 10 MINUTE SEATBELT GUIDE FIX *

Post by Del »

They are a bit of a pain to replace. I did my passenger side last year and whilst recently trying to refit the rear carpet (through factory roll hoops :evil: ) after fitting new rear shocks, during a moment of irritation I tugged hard on the driver side belt and heard a crack – so looks like I’ll be doing the driver’s side this year. Shame they don’t screw in from the front. :bawl:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: The 10 MINUTE SEATBELT GUIDE FIX *

Post by Southernboy »

Del,
If you look at the topic I mentioned in the first place, you will see how to do a simple modification to be able to replace these things by screwing them off at the front...which I think is what you were wishing for !!!!
In the Z3 knowledgebase under " The 10 minute seatbelt guide fix".. :wink:
Scroll down and see the pics etc on what you need to do to make the mod...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions