SEATBELT GUIDE MOD FOR SALE...20 BUYERS NEEDED

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: SEATBELT GUIDE MOD FOR SALE...20 BUYERS NEEDED

Post by Dave L2 »

Southernboy wrote:Hi Dave, Personally I would prefer the button head screw..it's a 4mmD head vs a 5mmD countersunk screw head.
Hi Barry, I agree completely but would this allow for the bracket to be redesigned so that the two horizontal bars are narrower than the diagonal bar thereby matching the official logo more accurately?

I think you are definitely onto something here but, being one of the more picky forum members, I would want the bracket to look more official and if snoops' screws allow for that I'd be in like a shot and you'd probably find you'd get more orders.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hi Dave...It could be reduced to 6mm from the present 7mm for the 2 horizontal bars...I guess that should make it spot on in terms of "OEM" appearance. It would leave 1mm either side of the button head screw....For those who want a countersunk screw, I would have to use a smaller headed screw to accomodate the reduction...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Options on screws....
1. Button head with allen key drive - only in black.

2. Countersunk black posi drive - black

3. countersunk SSteel posi drive - silver.

Choose your screw.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Good news...I have received the requisite minimum number of orders for the machinist to produce the mods for us... :D
Anyone else who wishes to order now..please PM me...also, please have a look at the screw options I posted earlier, and let meknow what screw you would prefer... 8-)
Also, specify BLACK or SILVER for the Z...
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

bump... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Pm sent
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

A quick update for those of you who have ordered these...The engineering shop will only have them ready to be collected next Tuesday 16th. I will endeavour to get them off to you by the following day, but will PM each person with tracking / postal details.
For those who have ordered and not yet made their payments...please do so asap...I've paid the engineering guys up front already... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Quick update.......
One of the forum members raised a good point about the "OEM" look of the "Z" part not being exactly as per the "Z" logo. In the logo the two horizontal arms of the "Z" are considerably narrower than the transverse leg. I have re-drawn the specs on the original item in the pics posted here to adjust the "Z" in that fashion. Unfortunately, the difference between the dimensions of the horizontal arms and the transverse leg in the OEM logo are so great, that it cannot be achieved and also have enough dimension for a 4mm D screw head, and without making the "Z" far too large...I have however reduced the horzontal arms from 7mm to 5.5mm. The transverse leg remains at 7mm wide. This will give it a "hint" of OEM respectability, whilst still acheiving the purpose of the item.
Also, The OEM "Z" is somewhat wider than high, so I have retained the original width of 30mm, and reduced the height by 2mm to 28mm...this adds to the "general" "Z" logo appearance. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

If I've missed anyone...I'll be posting these off tomorrow morning...expect them in around 6 - 10 days time.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

All packages posted... :D
For those of you with the buttonhead / allen key drive screws, here's a small tip...
If you feel the screw head would be better with a smaller diameter, and you have a decent metal file and a power drill...you can put the screw into the drill and grab it in the chuck by the threads..then whilst turning the power drill, use the file to grind down the head until it's aprox 4mm D....as in the pic below of a screw I "machined" that way....You'll obviously need to paint it black again... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"