SEATBELTGUIDE MOD - FITTING

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

SEATBELTGUIDE MOD - FITTING

Post by Southernboy »

Here are a sequence of pics on how to fit the mod...I have fitted it to the driverside guide on my car which has been broken for a couple of months...Once fitted, the broked guide is better than a new guide...it's absolutely solid!

The common point of breakage...

The way a broken guide looks before the fitting...

Fitting:- first position the mod centrally - left to right and top to bottom so that it spans the gap between the two arms of the plastic guide...

Then use the power drill with the correct bit to lightly mark the position of the first screw position...Remove the mod and drill the hole taking care not to apply so much pressure that the bit passes through the outer arm and into the base of the guide..

Fit the mod to the guide at the hole you have just drilled before drilling the other 3 holes...Tighten the screw enough to firmly hold the mod in position when you drill the remaining holes...

All 4 screws fitted, and the guide is now as solid as it can be....you can still see the crack at the bottom where it is broken, but now the broken arm can't swivel or move in any way....

Finally, use a good blade to trim the burr from the guide on the inside of the arms where the drill bit has passed through. This will prevent any abrasion of the belt as it passes through the guide slot.

For those of you who have broken guides, this will fix them!!
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions