Superb detailer for dark / black cars

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Superb detailer for dark / black cars

Post by Alan W »

Since I bought the Z3 I must have tried most of the popular cleaning products and the shelves in my garage resemble the car cleaning aisle in Halfords. Being cosmos black the car can be a bugger to polish sometimes and I have (self inflicted) problems with smearing and swirls and if you have a black car you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Today I was looking through the stuff on said shelves and I came across an unopened bottle of Simoniz Instant Wax Quick Shine and being an Auto Glym / Meguairs snob I thought 'Simoniz - cheap crap' and was going to stick it in the charity shop box, but then I read the label which talked a good job so I thought I'd put it to the test.

And I am so glad that I did because it turns out this stuff is amazing. My car has never been so shiny and smear / streak / swirl free and it now has a deep wet look gloss shine. Highly recommended.

Make sure you shake the bottle well first then spray on and wipe off, then buff with a second cloth, very quick and outstanding results.

Here's a link to Amazon which shows the product but you can pick it up for £3 or £4 if you shop around:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Simoniz-SIM17-5 ... B000X2CVTS
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
Mint

blank

Re: Superb detailer for dark / black cars

Post by Mint »

Sound good Alan, any pics?
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Re: Superb detailer for dark / black cars

Post by Z3cade »

Are you a simoniz sales rep?... :lol: