What's it worth?

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

What's it worth?

Post by Southernboy »

I'd like to guage the response to the question "what's it worth"... ie. What would you pay for a product as envisioned in the description below.

I am currently researching the possibility of a protective solution to the seat bolster issue. This problem is common to all makes of vehicles with leather or fabric seat upholstery. The premise I am working on is a product which can be applied "aftermarket" and which will effectively protect the area of maximum wear, whilst being both easy to apply and remove multiple times without damage to the substrate. Something like the "postit" stickers, but with the flexibility to be applied and shaped to fit the area without looking like a "puncture repair patch"...

At this time I would imagine the first prize would be for a transparent / clear product, but alternately black, since that will "fit in" with most car interiors. I have submitted enquiries to several USA / UK / EU and inevitably Chinese manufacturers of flexible materials, and have specified a "textured" surface, which can have a "leather grain" or "woven grain".

I would appreciate realistic replies from those of you who are sensitive to the problem and are willing to estimate the £ value you would be willing to invest to protect your seat(s).
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions