OEM or not.....?

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

OEM or not.....?

Post by Cloz »

Hi,
I have bought, on ebay, OEM black carpets. The seller said that it is OEM and slightly used carpets. I have received them this week. Now I am not sure they are OEM and not sure they are slightly used.
First I am not sure about the "Z3" embroidery. It is the first time I see black carpets with the "Z3" in a gray color. Usually it is white......no? On the pic you could see a black Z behind.
Usually when the driver carpet is slightly used you see the heel spot.....or is it possible to make that spot disappear? Because they look brand new.
Any answers?
Thank you.

C
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: OEM or not.....?

Post by lebigmec »

Salut Cloz, comment ça va?
I think you're right. I've only seen the embroidered Z3 in White, & if it's possible to make the heel marks disappear, I would like to know how to do it! :)
Also, I think yours must be fakes, as the only ones I have seen had the drivers heel pad on the right hand side mat, not the left one.... :lol:
Amitiés..
Trayton.
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Bonsoir Trayton,
Moi ça va bien et toi?
I was affraid that some one would say that they were fakes. One thing that I do not know if the seller knew they were fakes. :puzzle:
Bonne fin de soirée,

Claude
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Any one with black carpet? If so what is the color of the Z3? Any one in gray color?
Any answers would be really appreciate.

C
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

A simple and practical solution...Take the carpets to an auto-trimmer and have the grey embroidery removed and then replaced with white or silver or any other colour of your preference... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Thanks for the option but I still do not know if they are OEM. From what you have said I would say.....they are not. I have to leave feedback and I would not leave a positive feedback if they are not OEM.

C
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

if they're grey now, maybe they were white once...??
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions