Plasti-dip

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Plasti-dip

Post by Southernboy »

Has anyone used this product...if so, I would like to know how durable / tough the finish is... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Plasti-dip

Post by Alan W »

Barry, on the Z3 facebook group I belong to someone was singing the praises of that or a similar product, they've done their wheels with it
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I've seen that on a couple of youtube clips. What puzzles me is that it seems that it is easily removed by peeling it off the substrate...this isn't the result I want though.. I would like it to stay put, but have the "rubbery" surface finish it reputedly has...I thought that if someone on the forum has used it, they might be able to provide some personal insights.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

I don't think it would be good enough for the cup holder to be honest from the videos I've seen. How about smooth hammerite paint it's pretty durable. Why not set up a thread for people's suggestions and give each product a test or ask others to so to offload some of the development cost.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage