HOW TO GET MORE BOOT SPACE.

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

HOW TO GET MORE BOOT SPACE.

Post by Southernboy »

I've just come across a method of increasing the boot storage capacity by a whopping 40mm cube...
Remove the plastic screw from the right hand side plastic storage bin... replace it with a 35mm OD M10 washer and an M10 Clinch nut.... This will do away with the lumpy plastic screw, and provide a flat bottom to the container.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: HOW TO GET MORE BOOT SPACE.

Post by BladeRunner919 »

You need to get out more! :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

........ must be the magic weather here today... 22C...feels like spring again !! :roflmao:
.... and if you like a lumpy nut in your box...well sobeit... :D
"Normal is overrated"

BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Surely you should be out with the roof down rather than in the garage fiddling with your nuts!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

...... yeah, I guess so...but I'm just putting the final touches to Ewan's armrest.... Gotta post it off tomorrow.... so inbetween that, I have to come up with something to fiddle with...and my clinch nuts are as good as anything to fiddle with... :D
"Normal is overrated"

henrycrun

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by henrycrun »

If you want more storage space - check out the spaces in the engine bay behind the turrets.
There is also the space lowdown in front of the radiator for lightweight items (but they need to be tightly wrapped in bin-bags)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

If you're that bored, Barry, you can come and help me with the frog. I am replacing trim panels at the moment and to get the drivers side off really needed me to remove the accelerator pedal, but the screws are well and truly stuck, so in the end I had to make do with just removing the arm and leaving the pedal in place - I then found that it fouled on the pedal box, so I have to partially remove it (both the clutch and brake pedal are attached to it!) - finally got the wretched thing out, but I would have given anything for 5mm more clearance when I was doing it - or a couple of foot so I could get head in and see what I was up against!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Southernboy wrote:I've just come across a method of increasing the boot storage capacity by a whopping 40mm cube...
Remove the plastic screw from the right hand side plastic storage bin... replace it with a 35mm OD M10 washer and an M10 Clinch nut.... This will do away with the lumpy plastic screw, and provide a flat bottom to the container.... :D

I also noticed by taking out the carpet, I could get an extra couple of sheets of paper in the boot...... but the washing machine still wouldn't fit... :puzzle:
Sometimes the effort is not really worth the end result :D
If I need to take my 40mm cube somewhere, I think I would just put it in my pocket... :geek:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..