HARD / STIFF GAITORS ?

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

HARD / STIFF GAITORS ?

Post by Southernboy »

TIP:- If your leather gaitors are hardened or stiff... E45 Cream is a good remedy... remove the entire gaitor and turn it inside out... give the inner side a thorough covering of E45 or other suitable leather cream... massage it in and "crush" the leather between your fingers to "break" the stiffness which has set in over time... the more you massage it in the better...you will feel the difference afte a while as the leather soaks up the cream... then do the outside with the same ammount of massaging... this could take 10 minutes or more per gaitor... As the cream soaks in over the days, the leather will soften further.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: HARD / STIFF GAITORS ?

Post by Brian4 »

Glad to see you are another convert to E45 Barry.

How's the new car coming along? and dis you get the rooflining cleaned?
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: HARD / STIFF GAITORS ?

Post by Southernboy »

....... It's coming along... and I havent done the roof lining yet..I'll be looking at fitting a new roof, so when I do that, I'll have the lining cleaned too.... meanwhile I'm busy sorting out understanding the internal console electrical harness... I have an Mconsole with the M wiring harness for the 3 lower guages... it is really neat and requires a single multi-pin connection to plug into... I haven't had a look to see if the OEM 3.0 loom has the necessary connection hidden away under the carpet yet, but I have just printed out all the relative wiring diagrams for those guages/lights etc etc... the diagrams provide details of routing and wire colours and guages... I plan to have a look see tomorrow, and 1st prize will be to find a connector ready and waiting... second prize will be to track the wiring down which relates to those items as part of the circuitry and then mark them before I source a connector from BMW to fit...and as some people have pointed out, electrics isn't my strong suite... so this will be headache material if I don't find an OEM connector there which says "use me"..... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions