Machine polish

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Smartbear

blank

Machine polish

Post by Smartbear »

Thought I'd shine up mrs smartbears z3 today so got out my machine polisher & gave it a blast after a wash & clay bar session :)
Pretty pleased with the improvement especially as I'm only a beginner at this polishing lark!

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Machine polish

Post by Southernboy »

.... Looks brilliant ! You spoil the Mrs... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Looks good! I enjoy a day valeting the car. Did my saab today as I've neglected it for 18 months. Gave it the full works but I've never tried this clay barring but here it's superb. My zed has more coats of wax on it than a little, gets done monthly. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing the results of a good spit and polish! :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

The clay bar changes the fingertip feel of the paint from sandpit to glass, it really does make a difference 8-)
I've also heard that blu-tac is every bit as good!
Cabrioot

Z1 roadster

Post by Cabrioot »

Very nice.
Have a black myself.
Please thell what type of polis did you use :rtm:
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

That looks awesome! I am going to get a polishing machine for Father's day and can't wait to use it.

I had the car professionally polished a few weeks ago and put my own wax on yesterday and am please but spending the time with addition wax will make a huge improvement. I hope that the wax can 'build up' into several layers making it easy to clean.

Cabrioot, please note there is a difference between Polish and Wax. Polish will cut into the paint :) just in case you weren't sure.

Can someone tell me, do you use the polishing machine really lightly when applying the wax for best effect, or what is the best technique?
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

Cabrioot wrote:Very nice.
Have a black myself.
Please thell what type of polis did you use :rtm:
Hi, I used meguiars ultimate compound cutting polish with my machine polisher (meguiars da) after wiping the residue off I used a cheapy simoniz spray on wax-nothing special/expensive but it's made it look ok & given the clearcoat a layer of protection.
Regards