Bournemouth need help with respray to bootlid or replacement

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Lad187

blank

Bournemouth need help with respray to bootlid or replacement

Post by Lad187 »

Hi,

I have a 1997 1.9 Z3 Roadster in Schwarz Jet (non metallic) black. When I purchased the car it had a small spot of lacquer peeling on the bootlid. When I tried to polish it, it got bigger. Everything I did to tidy it up made it worse. I was quoted £180 to take back to top coat and re lacquer. I couldn't really afford it so decided to get the bootlid wrapped in matte black vinyl. The wrap jobs ok but it just doesn't look quite right against the car and I really want to go back to the bootlid matching. So I ordered a replacement bootlid off EBay and when it arrived the Royal Mail had obviously been playing football with it as it was sticking out the wrapping and the corners had been bent completely over. So now I'm left with 2 bootlids and still no closer to my end goal. I really need someone to help. I either need someone close to Bournemouth who has a direct swap bootlid I can come get or I need a decent bodyshop / paint expert who can do a bare metal respray on my original bootlid for cheap money. If anyone out there can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Lad187
bazza1966

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Bournemouth need help with respray to bootlid or replace

Post by bazza1966 »

Hi, sorry have only just seen this thread there is a guy in Ringwood along from the brewery in Park Side Road I will try and get the name for you I know of people who have used him
and he seems reasonable :) ?

Bazza
Bazza (East Dorset)
bazza1966

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Bournemouth need help with respray to bootlid or replace

Post by bazza1966 »

Hi, Companies' name is Accident & Repair Centre the guy you need to speak to is Steve good luck :wink:
Bazza
Bazza (East Dorset)