Pop up Garage (Gazebo style!)

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Pop up Garage (Gazebo style!)

Post by Warrior »

I've been looking at a pop up garage, £149 from ebay....metal frame , waterproof grey covering and see this as a better option than the strap on cover I boughtbut have rarely used.

I note that these are shown with no ground cover and wondering if putting a tarpaulin down first would be beneficial or simply serve as something to collect rainwater!!?

Anyone got one?
stevie_a

blank

Re: Pop up Garage (Gazebo style!)

Post by stevie_a »

You would need to watch some of the winter winds with something like that
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Good point but i'm in a relatively sheltered location and i've some big weights to hold it down....
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

il keep an eye on a new garage appearing & show off my mrs z3 at the same time martin, hope all is well :cheers
Rocketbike

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rocketbike »

Seen a few of these appearing around whereI live, and look a good idea, better than a cover in many ways. A guy near me keeps an immaculate XJS under one.Try the tarp and see what happens. Make sure it does'nt extend beyond the edges of the garage -if it's one of the woven ones it'll probably soak through anyway. If you get one as big as you can get away with (tell people they sent the wrong one) you'll have a good work space as well :)
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Warrior wrote:I've been looking at a pop up garage, £149 from ebay....metal frame , waterproof grey covering and see this as a better option than the strap on cover I boughtbut have rarely used.

I note that these are shown with no ground cover and wondering if putting a tarpaulin down first would be beneficial or simply serve as something to collect rainwater!!?

Anyone got one?
I have something similar and have used it for a good few years now, a few observations below. If would not bother with a ground sheet but it really depends on the surface you are placing it on.

MarkAP68

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MarkAP68 »

Just finished putting mine up, so hopefully keep me dry and warm whilst working on the Z3 over the winter :)

I would put photo's but it won't let me :(