Seat Re-trimming

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Seat Re-trimming

Post by z3ddie »

Has anyone recently had any leatherwork done to their seats - trying to find a rough price guide to get the side pillars done (great seats - rubbish design) but not much joy as every site I look at wants you give your life story for a quote
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Seat Re-trimming

Post by bertiejaffa »

z3ddie wrote:Has anyone recently had any leatherwork done to their seats - trying to find a rough price guide to get the side pillars done (great seats - rubbish design) but not much joy as every site I look at wants you give your life story for a quote
I do mine personally - use products from furniture clinic and scuffmaster. If there are holes in them you can easily remove the covers and glue a patch to the back and then use special leather filler from furniture clinic to fill it in an then re-dye
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Cheers for that but the side pillar driver side is beyond patching - other than that the seats are in good nick so only need that bit repairing
BeemerBoyo

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BeemerBoyo »

I had my blue black sports seats refurbished by the furniture clinic in Gateshead last February. The driver's seat side bolster was badly scuffed and starting to crack, also the seat bolster had collapsed and needed re-padding. They removed both seats from the car, did all the repair work and deep cleaned and re-coloured both seats. Also did the door cards the hand brake and gear lever gaiter. They had the car about 4 days and charged £380 as I paid cash.

The finished results are spectacular. They look like new.

If you need any pics or contact details let me know.

I think they have some other bases further south.
2002 E37 BMW Z3 2.2 Sport
2008 E93 BMW 3 series 325i m sport convertible

Previous BMW cars

2007 E87 BMW 1 series 120D
2013 F21 BMW 1 series 120D
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

£380. Bargain price. I've been quoted that per seat!
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Great stuff - thanks for your help and suggestions - new year project!
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Is this the correct Furniture Clinic?

https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leath ... ration.php
ImageImage
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Found a local guy and he has quoted me £250 - think I will keep my E-bay eyes open for a set instead - fancy going black anyway !
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

z3ddie wrote:Found a local guy and he has quoted me £250 - think I will keep my E-bay eyes open for a set instead - fancy going black anyway !
Let us know on here if you try your local man. £250 would be silly cheap money for a strip down and rebuild. Be careful as many just quote for re-tannelising (colouring) instead and won't dismantle the seat.
ImageImage
corky

M roadster S50

Post by corky »

Hi, I have just had the drivers side boulster replaced by a local seat trimmer in blue and it cost me £65 brilliant job really pleased
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

corky wrote:Hi, I have just had the drivers side boulster replaced by a local seat trimmer in blue and it cost me £65 brilliant job really pleased
So was that remove cover, machine in new leather panel and replace cover? And/or did it included rebuilding of the foam bolster itself?
ImageImage
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

bertiejaffa wrote:I do mine personally - use products from furniture clinic and scuffmaster. If there are holes in them you can easily remove the covers and glue a patch to the back and then use special leather filler from furniture clinic to fill it in an then re-dye
I'd have a go at mine but I'm worried I'll never get the cover back properly or damage it removing it. Am I worrying unnecessarily?
ImageImage
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

mrscalex wrote:
bertiejaffa wrote:I do mine personally - use products from furniture clinic and scuffmaster. If there are holes in them you can easily remove the covers and glue a patch to the back and then use special leather filler from furniture clinic to fill it in an then re-dye
I'd have a go at mine but I'm worried I'll never get the cover back properly or damage it removing it. Am I worrying unnecessarily?
Removing the covers are pretty straight forward - takes about 20 mins to get off and then back on - I've done a few to repair the seat belt guides in the past. There are instructions in the knowledge base on repairing the seat belt guide that show you how to do it. Also for the bolster padding - check out gookah's signature thread - he did a very simple fix previously using gaffer tape but obviously you can build yours up however you like

Ps.... yes that's the right furniture clinic
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

RESULT! Local breaker has 1999 write off in and got 2 seats and door cards in black for £100 plus VAT! Cheers for the input
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Just back from picking up the seats and cards from the breakers - wow - they are in mint condition, it must have been a lady owner as there is absolutely no marks on the driver bolster where our jeans catch - when I get the old ones out and other fitted I will put them (blue and black leather plus door cards) on here for first shout - apart from the bolster they are in good condition. While typing this the breaker has just phone me offering me the full interior carpet set for £30! Seems a shame not too!
Last edited by z3ddie on Fri 06 Jan, 2017 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

z3ddie wrote: it must have been a lady owner as there is absolutely no marks on the driver bolster where our jeans catch
Or a nudist! You may want to wipe them down! :lol:
yamsel1

M roadster S50

Post by yamsel1 »

z3ddie wrote:Just back from picking up the seats and cards from the breakers - wow - they are in mint condition, it must have been a lady owner as there is absolutely no marks on the driver bolster where our jeans catch - when I get the old ones out and other fitted I will put them (blue and black leather plus door cards) on here for first shout - apart from the bolster they are in good condition. While typing this the breaker has just phone me offering me the full interior carpet set for £30! Seems a shame not too!
Hi, Are you old seats and door cards still available?