2005 Factory Tour--interested?

Discussion of anything to do with the BMW Car Club. Viewing and posting limited to Z Register members.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

2005 Factory Tour--interested?

Post by Zmeagol »

I've only just opened the July Straight 6 newsletter so was late seeing the item about a factory tour next year. This is likely to be in late June 2005 would take in Nurburgring, Hamann, Mercedes Museum, Mobile Tradition, M Power, Alpina, factories, Schnitzer... Also side trips such as Hitler's Eagles Nest.

Currently all 40 places have been provisionally reserved and there's a wait list. I've asked the Club office if there's any chance of a second group being organised so if you are likely to be interested, please phone the office on 01225 709009 to get your name added to the list, then post a reply that you've done so.

I know much of the area quite well and another alternative would be to organise a Z-only tour.

Current zeds on the wait list are
Zmurf
Giles and Larri
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Re: 2005 Factory Tour--interested?

Post by DavidM »

Zmurf wrote:I know much of the area quite well and another alternative would be to organise a Z-only tour
I'd be up for that
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Good. But you'll need to phone the Club office and get on the wait list first.

Tim
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

To be added to the wait list there is one thing that David would need to do first. That is join the club! as the trip is for members only.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

I've just spoken to Jeff Haywood who's organising the event. Last year there was a list of 40 and a wait list of 50. In the end a lot of people dropped out and everyone who wanted, got to go. So if you're interested, call the office and get your name(s) on the wait list.

Tim
Jeff
Z Register member

M coupe S50

2005 Factory Tour

Post by Jeff »

Hi Everyone,
Access to the Factory Tour, as has been posted elsewhere, is for club members only and is one of the many benefits you receive as a club member. It isn't as easy as just saying we'll organise one ourselves, because you cannot get access to BMW Mobile Tradition, the M Power facility at Garching etc etc. These are only accessible to BMW approved clubs. As Tim has already said, there is a reserve list but many drop out when they hear the total cost, so if you are interested, get your name down!!!
P.S - Coming next Spring, a rolling road shoot-out. Watch the club magazine/Straight-6 for more details.