Ac Schnitzer pedals

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
shantybeater

Porsche

Ac Schnitzer pedals

Post by shantybeater »

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to spot genuine AC Schnitzer pedals from fakes? and is the fitment ok?

As per usual there is an abundance of choice on ebay, can anyone recommend a seller?
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: Ac Schnitzer pedals

Post by Jonttt »

A few have been st4ng by the fakes and unfortunately you really need pictures of an original set to see the differences in the lines on the pedals.

Price is usually a good indicator especially for a new set ;-)

For what its worth here are the fitting instructions:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6666038/Z3/Ac%2 ... ctions.jpg

but you really need a close up pic which I don't think I have.

They are nice when fitted but I had Hamman ones on my first Z and they where probably nicer (but I have to stick with Schnitzer now lol)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Have a look at this thread Shanty. http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =gearstick

Mine are almost certainly fake, you just need a picture of the real thing to compare.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Ac Schnitzer pedals

Post by Brian H »

If you are buying a new set I would expect to see an AC Schnitzer tag or label with the pedal set to prove authenticity. Some sets advertised are even in a genuine AC Schnitzer box.

Below are a few genuine sets but not for the Z.

A set from roissters Clicky

A set from the US Clicky

Some of the cheaper set do look really good though!
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Cheers guys,

Jon what makes the hamann pedals better?

Brian - how are your holding up?
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
DAVE P

M coupe S50

Post by DAVE P »

you get a rear clamp with genuine ACS pedals as pictured in the fitting instructions (part number 2)
but just bolts with the fakes.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthrea ... zer+pedals
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

shantybeater wrote:
Jon what makes the hamann pedals better?
To be honest I can't really remember why but I do remember thinking about sourcing some more Hamann ones as I preferred them. I think they had a more ridged surface and felt / looked better but there was not much in it so I left the schnitzers in mine as I have no other Hamman kit fitted.
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I can't remember how much the genuine ones are now, I think around £180. I bought a fake set but never got around too fitting them as the little nuts look so fiddly, I knew they were fakes but the quality is still very good. I know quite a few on here have been stung by e-bay sellers claiming theyre selling the genuine item when theyre plainly fakes. You get what you pay for :|

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Is there any benefit to having ACS/Hamann pedal covers? Most aftermarket stuff offers some benefit (albeit with some dubious claims from the aftermarket manufacturers) however I'm struggling to see the benefit of a pedal set. I don't think you could even claim a 'styling' benefit as your feet cover them up when you're driving!
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

For me it would purely be for aesthetics, everytime I get in the car i'd like to see some stylish pedals rather than the worn originals
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

myredzed wrote: I don't think you could even claim a 'styling' benefit as your feet cover them up when you're driving!
And if your hand cover the shifter knob? :D
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

The pedals do add a nice touch and as Shanty says they greet you as you open the door :P

As for the knob, well thats all too do with feel when motoring along :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I think the type of pedal can change the feel of the driving experience to some extent (better or worse, I've changed pedal sets on plenty of cars for non cosmetic reasons over the years) but I agree the premium over cheaper pedals is hard to justify but sometimes its just the feeling that you have them that is hard to put a value on.

Its like most premium products with watches being classic examples where a £100k watch does the same job as a 99p one, you cannot rationally justify the difference in price as they both do the same thing. An extreme example but factor in that the £100k rolex will retain its value and the 99p won't and you get somewhere to it ;-)
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Jonttt wrote:I think the type of pedal can change the feel of the driving experience to some extent (better or worse, I've changed pedal sets on plenty of cars for non cosmetic reasons over the years) but I agree the premium over cheaper pedals is hard to justify but sometimes its just the feeling that you have them that is hard to put a value on.

Its like most premium products with watches being classic examples where a £100k watch does the same job as a 99p one, you cannot rationally justify the difference in price as they both do the same thing. An extreme example but factor in that the £100k rolex will retain its value and the 99p won't and you get somewhere to it ;-)
I think thats the problem, i'm a bit of a snob and since everything else on the car is genuine i'm not sure i'd be happy. Looks like i'll have to keep an eye out for the real deal!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

shantybeater wrote:
Jonttt wrote:I think the type of pedal can change the feel of the driving experience to some extent (better or worse, I've changed pedal sets on plenty of cars for non cosmetic reasons over the years) but I agree the premium over cheaper pedals is hard to justify but sometimes its just the feeling that you have them that is hard to put a value on.

I think thats the problem, i'm a bit of a snob and since everything else on the car is genuine i'm not sure i'd be happy. Looks like i'll have to keep an eye out for the real deal!
I had the same predicament when I bought my AC Schnitzer pedals. I had spent the money on the genuine article for the AC Schnitzer gear knob and hand brake and didn't want to cheapen them by getting fake pedals so I chose to wait and get a genuine second hand set. That would be my advice, when I spoke to rossiters they said they were discontinued :(
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Oh dear :( can't imagine I will find a second hand set in the condition I'd like :(
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I have 3 set stashed away :D (only joking)