2013 Zedblats

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
magicmitch

Z3 roadster 3.0i

2013 Zedblats

Post by magicmitch »

Greetings and happy new year (I don't do many posts!!)
Just planning this years "weekend Zedblats" and thinking about adding the Isle of Man to the wish list, has anyone done this?? If so can you confirm or deny the myths about the speed limits (ie there are none outside of towns). Also planning to thread along the Welsh Coast in April/May from south to north, so any tips also welcome.
many thanks
Phil

M roadster S54

Re: 2013 Zedblats

Post by Phil »

Done the Isle of Man a few years ago and out of town no speed limits. Best to get out on the TT circuit early in the morning before there is traffic and enjoy. The mountain section is awesome and you can really open up your car and enjoy even if you see a police car.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

North Wales Police issue more speeding tickets than any other Force in the UK.The A55 for the most part is 70mph but around Conway is 50mph.Llandudno is worth a stop as the beach and sea front are beautiful in summer,Conway Castle and Beaumaris Castle are great to visit but Caernarfon Castle is a must.Used to be a good Market day there too.There's a few National Trust properties in the area and we always like to stop there for a break and a meal.In the past,fuel was always more expensive the closer you got to Anglesey but that doesn't seem to be the case of late.On a hot summers' day,North Wales is a great place to see.
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

You must do Portmeirion .................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmeirion

Surreal is not a word I use often....... But.
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.
magicmitch

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by magicmitch »

many thanks for your tips, much appreciated! Isle of Man is looking like a must!! One of the few places where you can legally give the 6 pot a proper work out!
Regarding Portmeirion, we did that last year as part of a tour starting in Hay on Wye and threading through as many un-named mountain roads as possible to Aberystwyth and then on through Snowdonia via Lake Vyrnwry,( a drive around the lake should be on every Zedders list by the way, stop off at the hotel for a pint on the balcony overlooking the lake - fantastic!!) I can only agree with surreal as a word for Portmeirion, I'm still not sure if I "get it", its weird, photo below, unfortunately they don't allow cars in!! I was a big fan of The Prisoner as a kid back in the 60's and it was the Lotus 7 which fired up my love of sprts cars, I still want a Caterham 7, but its just so impractical and the Zed 3 litre is a reasonable compromise if not quite as raw!!
cheers