Ingleston to Hawes

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
lowriderz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Ingleston to Hawes

Post by lowriderz3 »

It must be one of the best driving roads in England. I drove for the first time on Monday what an experience .I would appreciate other people opinion of this road and their experiences of driving it.
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Ingleston to Hawes

Post by Koolflyer »

RockyDave and I (plus mates) mountain biked this route in May, and you are dead right. Our route was the 157 mile route around the Dales. Google "Follow the Ram" bike route. Absolutely brilliant, remote and spectacular....all I kept saying to Dave was "I wish I was in the Z""!! It's totally driveable and hardly any cars, so planing to take Mrs KF around the route in the Z with a night stop at a really nice B&B in Ingleton. :thumb:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Jim Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Jim Z3 »

Drove that road every day for 7 years but Hawes to Ingleton and back in many cars , can be fun in the snow !!
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Thats my favourite road ever. Often take it in during cruises i have run in the past. Last one i remember telling everyone i was off at high speed and would wait for them at Ribblehead. Fun!!
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Stunning road :D
Done it many a time and well worth the trip up there for me.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

I used to deliver for White Arrow in my youth, my route was all around cumbria, especially this are out to arnside and up to kirby Lonsdale - some great roads.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal