Z3M Coilover help

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
drummachine

M roadster S50

Z3M Coilover help

Post by drummachine »

Hi guys,

So in the coming months I want to fit some coilovers and spacers to the Z3M Roadster. In a nutshell comfort is important however I simply want it to sit a little lower as the rear shocks need replacing anyway.

Can people point me in the right direction as to what will be best, what people have fitted and their opinions?

Much appreciated...
the_youth

M roadster S50

Re: Z3M Coilover help

Post by the_youth »

I use HSD monopro coil overs on my compact track car and simply cannot fault them. I believe they are the same fitting for the Z3M. I've not tried them on my M yet but if they are anywhere as good as the improvements on the Compact then it will be all good!
Bi11

M roadster S54

Post by Bi11 »

H and R Coilovers fitted to mine. Afraid that I can't comment on how they feel compared to standard, or other alternatives, since they were fitted by the previous owner, but he did quite a bit of research before he chose them (read Shantybeater's S54 thread). They certainly allow a decent amount of lowering and IMHO an better looking stance.

Might also be worth doing a search in the z3mcoupe.com forum, quite a few of them have tweeted their suspension set ups.
drummachine

M roadster S50

Post by drummachine »

Thank you guys
BryZzz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by BryZzz »

I used D2 Coilovers for my Roadster, rides fine, and installed hubcentric spacers for the rear.

Please see attached pic for better appreciation.
drummachine

M roadster S50

Post by drummachine »

In comparison to coilovers what are people's opinions on lowering springs? I won't be doing many miles but when I do a couple of trips to Europe will be the plan so comfort is as important as stance