Z3 Seats (unfortunate sale)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
ericholm

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Z3 Seats (unfortunate sale)

Post by ericholm »

Hi,

I have spent a huge amount of time and effort adjusting a lovely set of Rover 75 Electric and heated seats to fit my Z3 for my SWB Tribute build. I am gutted to be selling them as the look the business, only problem is that when they are in the car the base of the seat is so thick and comfortable that I am sitting too high in the driving position (I am 5'11" with little legs). So they have to go and I will keep the MSport seats.

Seats are in a excellent condition with slight creasing on the now passenger seat, there are no rips or tears or holes and there is no scuffing where people get in and out of the car, really they are in excellent order.

All the electrics are ready to be connected to the exisiting Z3 wiring under the seat and the buyer will be given the instructions on how to wire up. Also 4 new mounting holes will need to be drilled in the floor pan to fit.

I have adapted the controls and they are all there under the seat. The electrics are in full working order. The now passenger seat also has 3 memory positions and a tilt setting too!

The holes in the leather down one side of the seats are on the centre console side and are hidden

I am gutted that these have to go, and now need the space for the main build.

Seats I would say are for someone upto 5' 9" in height or with long legs!

I'm looking for £120 for the pair. Collection only from Milton Keynes address. PM me for any further details.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Re: Z3 Seats (unfortunate sale)

Post by Badman gee »

It looks fantastic with those seats!

I have a 75 and it's the most comfortable car I've owned!

The 'BEAST' 666
waynerp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by waynerp »

Hi
Do the roll bars not fit with the rover seats? only asking as the roll bar isnt on with the rover seat
Thanks
waynerp
Web Design & Optimisation http://www.neden.uk

Z3 2.8
Wavesong

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Wavesong »

Surely you did a dry run to make sure they were suitable before going to all that trouble? I have to agree through, the Rover 75 is an exemplary car as far as comfort is concerned and the standard Z3 seat is just about the most uncomfortable I have come across. I have a Honda CRX in my garage was well as the Z. The seats in that are as thin as the Z's but, surprisingly comfortable and supportive. The Z seats are just bad design.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

........ and that is why I have a small 30mm thick flat seat cushion on my seat.... Makes all the difference to my butt and getting in and out the car is easier too because the cusion slides on the leather as I turn...Also protects the seat from my boney butt... :lol:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
waynerp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by waynerp »

After a 5 hour journey in my Z, my butt felt like it was in a coma!! so ive been looking at other seats. quite a lot of people say how uncomfortable the standard z3 seats are, and IMO they aren't that attractive certainly compared to the gorgeous z3m seats.
So im thinking rather than restoring my seats, as im sure being 17 years old the foam is probably shot, it might be more viable to get newer seats, its just finding some that will look and perform good ( and fit )
Ive been looking at some MX5 and nissan 370z seats. they both look nice just need to work out if they will fit.
waynerp
Web Design & Optimisation http://www.neden.uk

Z3 2.8
Wavesong

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Wavesong »

I had an MX5 before the Z and the seats were quite good. Let us all know if the can be fitted as this might be a good mod as many also had heated seats too. Anyone got one that can be borrowed for investigative purposes?