Heritage Motor Center

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Heritage Motor Center

Post by BonBon »

On a short visit in England... can anyone recommend the museum in Gaydon?
The other option is to carry the wife's purchases in Bicester Outlet Center.
(I assume one cannot visit Aston Martin in Gaydon...)
Phil

M roadster S54

Re: Heritage Motor Center

Post by Phil »

The other museum worth considering is the Coventry Museum.

http://www.transport-museum.com/
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Gaydon is an excellent museum and well worth the visit. If the Land-Rover test track is running still then pay for a ride on that, serious fun. The Coventry Motor Museum is also good as suggested but not that easy to find especially if you are not used to driving our inner city roads!
Best wishes, BB
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

P.S Let us know when you come over, I'm sure some of us could organise a mini cruise to Gaydon for you!
BB
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Was at Bletchley Park today and aiming to go tomorrow AM - so too short a notice :-)
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Now that is a fascinating place!
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Cars are OK, but if you want to see real engineering design, visit the massive RAF Museum at Cosford - signed off M54 J3 - it's free, too!

Last edited by Mike Fishwick on Tue 10 Nov, 2015 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

visit the massive RAF Museum at Cosford
Mike is dead right, an amazing museum especially all the 1950's experimental forerunners to flight as we know it today! I keep going back time and time again, and never tire of it.........but I like aeroplanes. :thumb:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I would put Gaydon as being a two-hour visit, but Cosford can be an all-day one, and even then you would have missed a lot.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

We were there for close to 3 hours. How the Austin Seven impacted the motorcar industry was interesting and seeing all our family's early cars was a treat. (My Vauxhall Victor and A40, my Mum's Metropolitan and TR3a, and my uncle's Healey and E-Type). Shame to see that the site and the UK motor pedigree owned by TATA. (The cars are owned by a non-profit)
Tomorrow should be a bigger treat at Prodrive in Banbury (walk through the production line of making Astin Martin racing cars).
(Was also were at Bicester shopping Village for 15 minutes. Don't was a drop of petrol going there - it's the most expensive outlet shopping in the world - can't understand how they sell anything)
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Prodrive - Astin Martin

Post by BonBon »

The tour around Prodrive lasted about 2 hours and was an open door to the manufacturing process of Best of Breed Rally cars. Superb if you are a Rally fan. Call Jaquie and for 20 quid you've got a treat.