Wanted - Fiji Green hardtop

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
PaulI

Z3 roadster 2.8

Wanted - Fiji Green hardtop

Post by PaulI »

Thank you!
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Wanted - Fiji Green hardtop

Post by BladeRunner919 »

If you really want a hardtop for such a rare colour I would suggest you just buy any hardtop and have it painted. You could be waiting years for one in the correct colour (assuming any were made in Fiji in the first place).
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

I have a Topaz blue 2.8 auto and was looking for a hardtop same colour - instead went for a black one and I personally think it looks great - seeing as the softop is black it sort of 'compliments' the winter look
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

BladeRunner919 wrote:If you really want a hardtop for such a rare colour I would suggest you just buy any hardtop and have it painted. You could be waiting years for one in the correct colour (assuming any were made in Fiji in the first place).

Just to add to this, if you do find one in the right colour it is very unlikely that after 20 years of being taken on and off and stored in a garage (usually on some kind of aftermarket stand and with the OEM cover that never fits) that you are ever going to get one that doesnt need a bit of repainting anyway - therefore I would seriously consider the respray option - they are after all pretty much the size of a bonnet with no fiddly bits so you could probably get a respray for 200-300 quid and it would be mint.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I have a dark green one for sale if you are interested in Woking, Surrey.

Thanks
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I reckon you'll struggle to get one in that rarer colour. I'm not sure whether the hardtops (when OE) were readily available in every Z3 colour. I struggled to find an Artic Silver one and in the end bought a Titan Silver one that came up fairly close to where I live, with all the BMW kit extras. Your options are respray or professional wrap in a contrast colour like black or carbon fibre.
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Ohhh Carbon Fibre wrap - mine is going to get redone after it comes off and never gave that a thought doing a wrap on it - great shout
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

A few years ago someone on here did their hardtop in matt black wrap and it looked really good because it kind of retained the look of the soft top.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Gookah has his wrapped in satin black, looks great. I think it was brianh who had his wrapped in black a while ago on is dakar 3.0 which also looked great.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
PaulI

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by PaulI »

I'm still hopeful of finding one.

When I had my original Dakar Z3 in 1999, I was thinking of buying a hardtop for it then. iirc the deal with BMW was that you could have the hardtop for £1199, and the fitting kit was an extra £125 fitted. Common colours were in stock, but the Dakar yellow top was on 10 week delivery, special order. I didn't buy in the end.

I met a lady in Staines riverside car park at the time with a Fiji 1.9, and she had a hardtop with it which I presume was original, so at least 1 exists from the day. I took a photo of both our cars together, but alas cannot find it.

If I need any paint done, I may well go down the route of having one sprayed. appreciate the point that they are coming up for nigh on 20 years old now, and not always stored carefully! Bit like the cars themselves I guess...
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Bear in mind that even the one you once saw could be a different colour by now!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

BladeRunner919 wrote:Bear in mind that even the one you once saw could be a different colour by now!
Probably Dakar Yellow - on BrianH 3.0l :lol:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

bertiejaffa wrote:
BladeRunner919 wrote:Bear in mind that even the one you once saw could be a different colour by now!
Probably Dakar Yellow - on BrianH 3.0l :lol:
Ha ha, mine is a true factory Dakar HT, up until the point I bought this HT I had never seen a Dakar top for sale. I bought it the day it came up for sale and then travelled 600+ miles to get it.

Previous to this I did wrap a silver hardtop in Matt black, it looked great.
ladders

blank

Post by ladders »

Hi Paul,
I have a z3 hardtop in hellrot red with screws and fixing spanner, has heated screen.Comes with
Storage trolley .In very good condition. Reason for sale, I have sold my car .£500 o.n.o
Ladders
PaulI

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by PaulI »

ladders wrote:Hi Paul,
I have a z3 hardtop in hellrot red with screws and fixing spanner, has heated screen.Comes with
Storage trolley .In very good condition. Reason for sale, I have sold my car .£500 o.n.o
Ladders
Hi Ladders, thanks for the offer, I'm going to hold off buying a hardtop for a few months, just splashed out on some style 42 alloys!