Z3 boot badges

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Z3 boot badges

Post by rambo »

Wondered if any one can point me in the right direction?
My son very kindly removed my boot badges, namely Z3 and 2.0, from the car as they appeared to be unstable due to the extreme temperatures we have experienced today!
You would think a 42 year old would at least ask if I wanted this doing rather than peel them off and hand them to me, saying there you are Dad, I've saved you losing them.
Anyway, grumbling apart, where can I get a new set of these badges with the correct adhesive on the rear as it appears sometime in it's history the car gas had the boot repainted and the badges refixed, although not very well.
I have found some on e bay but the vendor is asking £20.60 per side!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Z3 boot badges

Post by Gazza »

The best quality will be from BMW, the copies available on Ebay don't last long.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

Thanks for that info and I'll give my dealer a try!
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Could you not reuse the ones you have, using a good quality double sided foam tape?
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

I suppose I'm being a bit lazy but it's a fiddly job cutting round the inside of the letters and numbers but I'll give it a try.Thanks anyway.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Get a price from the dealer - that might incentivise you to get the scissors out! :D
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Unless the adhesive used after the respray was really inferior - perhaps your son was sending some other message.
The emblems' adhesive can withstand extremely high temperatures for extended periods. :sunny
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

Have a price from the Dealer for £20.60 for Z, 3 and 2.0 each plus vat. WHAT!!!!!
Found some really sticky double sided tape from Sellotape in my workshop and with the aid of an extremely sharp model knife and a little bit of patience managed to refasten them to the boot lid.
Thanks for all your comments and help guys.