OEM Luggage Rack Fitting guidelines.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Uncle_Clanger
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 3.0i

OEM Luggage Rack Fitting guidelines.

Post by Uncle_Clanger »

Can anybody provide me with a scan of the boot rack fixing instructions. I'm familiar with how they attach to the boot lids, and confident which direction the lip is supposed to face.. it's just about positioning it and spacing it correctly. It's quite a commitment to drill into your boot so I'm hoping someone can help me out or perhaps provide me with a link?

Many thanks
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: OEM Luggage Rack Fitting guidelines.

Post by Fender2004 »

I've never really looked, but I believe that there is marks on the inside of the boot where you drill the holes.
But I could be wrong?
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

I have the original BMW boot-lid carrier installation instructions. I will scan them and send a PM. The first few pages are in German but they have the diagrams for fitting. The last 3 are in English with the references for the diagrams.
Uncle_Clanger
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Uncle_Clanger »

Thanks for the input guys... Yes, apparently there are slight raised areas between the outer and inner skin of the boot lid that act as a guide for drilling. Steve and Adrian have also said the rack originally came with an "arrester cable/cord to prevent the raised part of the rack from coming into contact with the rear window.