Alarm LED/Switch

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
saddle bags

Z3 roadster 1.9

Alarm LED/Switch

Post by saddle bags »

guys I'm in need of the small circular LED light which doubles as a switch to disable the interior sensors, part number 82929401797

I've tried local dealer only to be told it's discontinued

I've just spent the past 2hrs trawling the net trying to find one, without any success

can any one help
Be Careful What You Ask For - You might just get it :)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Alarm LED/Switch

Post by Robert T »

Maplin don't seem to have much in that department, but RS Components have quite a selection. Would need to see the pinout, but I think it is a microswitch with a separate LED and possibly a common ground. If you are stuck to get an exact replacement, it should be possible to construct a replacement out of a separate LED and simple push button switch mounted into a switch blank.

Which part of yours has broken?

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Robert T wrote: Wed 02 Aug, 2017 23:01 Would need to see the pinout, but I think it is a microswitch with a separate LED and possibly a common ground. If you are stuck to get an exact replacement, it should be possible to construct a replacement out of a separate LED and simple push button switch mounted into a switch blank.
That's correct. I recently installed a Z4 auto-dimming mirror in my Z3 and rewired the alarm led to use the one that sits under the mirror. To replicate the push-button function I installed a momentary contact button into the side of the housing that covers the mirror stalk. As you say, there are three wires from the alarm, one is a common earth, one is power to the led and one is the contact for the switch function.
saddle bags

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by saddle bags »

great advice guys, looks like i'll have to go down the separate micro switch route
Be Careful What You Ask For - You might just get it :)