Interior changes.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Zedbedee

Z3 roadster 2.0

Interior changes.

Post by Zedbedee »

Have had my Z3 for more than 8 years and only just noticed there are two distinct types of glovebox. Is this a pre/post facelift thing? Are there any other interior differences I haven't noticed? My facelift car has a much more discreet glovebox than others I've seen.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Interior changes.

Post by BladeRunner919 »

There's a European one, that is the nice-looking one, and the USA one that has a large metal bar in it for some safety reason. The USA ones then tend to sag because of the weight and the Americans are always looking for Euro ones because they hate theirs!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

There are a number of interior difference over the years. Pre-facelift there were standard and chrome-line interiors, with the latter adding chrome bezels in the instrument cluster, chrome door pulls, a chrome headlight knob and a chrome indentation in the ashtray. The facelift introduced a lot of switchgear changes, an analogue clock and a change to the sockets for the seats, as well as a headlining to the roof. Wood trim I think has always been an option, but after the facelift there were a couple of metal finishes as well, such as brushed aluminium.

There are also some country specific changes, like the saggy American glovebox.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
AdyDurn

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by AdyDurn »

Robert T wrote: Thu 10 Aug, 2017 14:15 such as brushed aluminium.
I have the naff black/grey plastic trim brushed alu sounds awesome. The plasticy feel has always been a bit a disappointment with my Z, the chrome bezels don't quite make up for the sheer amount of black and grey plastic. That said this winter I'll probably splash out on a new interior. I'm thinking black/blue and I hope I can find a brushed alu console.