Original BMW Z1 windscreen

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Nik Rite
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Original BMW Z1 windscreen

Post by Nik Rite »

Long storey short, broke my original windscreen . BMW replaced it and did such a poor job they had to replace it again so I ended up with a practically new screen that I have no idea what its worth. I'm about to put it on ebay but i've been out of the Z1 scene for so long i've no idea what its worth! Suggestions?? I'm not looking to make a killing but I don't won't to give it away either. Nik
Jet

blank

Re: Original BMW Z1 windscreen

Post by Jet »

Lord Lucan! :wink:

Have you changed your number? Tried calling you several times earlier this year.

How the devil are you?
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Alleged RRP is in the range of €700. Curious why they couldn't use the first windscreen yet its still serviceable?
Nik Rite
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Nik Rite »

Hi Guys ,thanks for getting back to me. Santa was a little busy over the last few days. Jet, my moby number hasn't changed .Thanks for trying to phone me. I get so many phone calls from window people that I rely on people leaving a voice mail if they want a chat.Is it best we PM for further chat? Someone dropped a brick off a bridge onto my windscreen so I needed a new one. I went to BMW as I thought they'd do a proper job. How wrong could I be. I ended up bringing "my solicitor" ( actually my morning running mate!) along with me to BMW to witness that I could bring the car to someone else for them to do it and BMW would pick up the charge. BMW uk did not want to have anything to do with it The screen is in its original wrapping and I haven't checked it in 5 years for condition. i'' check it next week and report back. Nik
Nik Rite
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Nik Rite »

Ive just put it on ebay starting £99.Ending next Tuesday am. Its not new but very serviceable . It would be nice if one of the regular Z guys got it . Nik
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Nik Rite wrote: Tue 02 Jan, 2018 11:54 Ive just put it on ebay starting £99.Ending next Tuesday am. Its not new but very serviceable . It would be nice if one of the regular Z guys got it . Nik
Did it sell? One of those items that will be invaluable to someone in the future, be kicking myself if it turns out to be me :head:
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I wouldn't be too worried. Pilkington and other windscreen manufacturers have the moulds for every vehicle made by a major manufacturer since the 60s. The ones that will be difficult to get hold of will be kit cars.
Pingu
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Could do with this myself! but no doubt it's probably sold!! Went out this morning and a nice 20CM crack up freaking Windscreen FFS :head: Went to Reading yesterday and had my Sat-nav on the Windows, forgot there was a Stone chip lower down that cant be seen from the inside. Screen was fine when I removed the Sat-nav but cracked this AM
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!