Z3 rear wings/ Fenders.

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
mrundeeskid

blank

Z3 rear wings/ Fenders.

Post by mrundeeskid »

Hello everybody, I have for the last 18 months or so been restoring my 1.9 M44, Every things been going great and im extremely chuffed with the results but recently came across a problem with my rear wings, they were of course bubbling up from the inside and after removal i found that no amount of Bilt Hamber, Por 50 or indeed anything was gonna save em. Worse still was the fact that after speaking to our local BMW dealer i discovered that there are no passenger ones left in the uk or indeed even being made, i my self bit the bullet and purchased one of only 2 remaning drivers side wings but then i was still in a bit of a pickle. Anyway to cut a long story shorter and after a lot of googling and phoning i wanted to let you all know about Creative Classics. Its near Coventry and after a quick call to Darren i was off on my nearly 2 hour drive to see him with some doubts in the back of my mind. I have to say however once i got there i was like a kid in a candy store, and after spotting car panels of all types being made from scratch to a better standard than original i knew i was in the right place. Hes removed all the corroded metal from all along the bottom and round the wheel arch area, used what he called a stitch welder for panels which does not distort the original shape and has successfully welded brand new metal back in place, all in all the guys a life saver and it turned out much cheaper than a new wing, my only regret was that i hadnt took both wings to him before purchasing the brand new bmw one but hey lessons learned an all that. So if anyones in the same boat as i was give him a call i cant recommend them enough. The contact details are Creative Classics, unit 2 and 3, Heath Business Park, Coalpit Lane, nr Wolston, CV8 3GB.Tel no, 02476542006, www.creativeclassics.co.uk.