S35i in getting new system

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Boxertwin

Z4 sDrive35i M Sport

S35i in getting new system

Post by Boxertwin »

Handed my car into Audiofile in a Bishop Stortford on Saturday. They're pretty knowledgeable regarding beemers in general, although mine is the first Z4 to go in for what they call their system 3 plus. This is with a Focal three way component set in front along with two 8 inch Earthquake Sub's in the stock positions behind the seats, JL Audio Amp and an Audion bit 10.

Also getting the car dynamatted to cut some of the road noise...

Their X5 with the same system sounds amazing. :x get the car back during the week and looking forward to better sound than the crap 'upgraded' 10 speaker system in the car just now,
Last edited by Boxertwin on Sat 30 Aug, 2014 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Boxertwin

Z4 sDrive35i M Sport

Re: S35i in getting new system

Post by Boxertwin »

All done & collected this morning. Overall sound is good, I'll be going back in to fine tune the Audison setup, highs are on the bright side for my taste at the moment, but sound is pretty good. Bass is deep and the soundstage with the Audison time alignment is incredible. I can recommend Audiofile Incar to anyone looking to get decent sound in their Z4.

This is one of the standard 6 inch subwoofers in the Z4 - Audiofile reckoned that they don't have enough space to sound any good - they're the same units fitted into the 3/5 series and can sound better...not great, but better. Original plan was to fit two 8 inch Earthquake subwoofers, but due to the space issue it was changed to a 10 inch JL Audio subwoofer going through the cubbyhole behind the armrest.

Stripped down and Dynamat added...

JL Audio subwoofer fitted

Standard midrange in the door....

Lots of Dynamat going in...

Focal 4 inch midrange in...

Audison Bit 10 going into the boot behind a panel...

JL Audio 5 channel amp going into the same place as the bmw amp...

Focal Tweeters in...

Audison Bit 10 Controller fitted flush into the ashtray...

6.5inch Focal Mid-Bass Units going in...

And all done...

Just to finish it off, the new gear gaiter and gearknob that I ordered was fitted when I got home...@

Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Looks a nice sound install, nice new storm knob :D
ImageImage
Boxertwin

Z4 sDrive35i M Sport

Post by Boxertwin »

Quite a pain fitting the storm motorwerks gearknob in the Z4... The 2013 onwards models have a combined gearknob / gaiter, which means that you have to cutting off the original gearknob. I didn't want to do that to my msport gearknob, so I bought a second non- msport unit and used that instead.