3 Speakers in left door and the foot space are out

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
jurgenkoppen

Z3 roadster 2.3

3 Speakers in left door and the foot space are out

Post by jurgenkoppen »

Hi, I am a newbie here with a new-to-me 2000 Z3 2.3 .I am about to fix a few glitches in this two decade old roadster. In this case, I just replaced the radio with a working one, but I have no sound in any of the 3 speaker on the left front, ie: two in the door and the foot space. I took off the panel on the door and am cleaning out debris in the door speaker, but cannot really see any obvious corrosion or any blown components. Still in the process of trying to test the speakers on another system, so far inconclusive. I do however find it curious that all 3 speakers in that zone are non responsive, so perhaps the issue is with the amp, the circuit dedicated to the left front. Does anyone have any good idea on how to approach finding the culprit? Or is there a known issue regarding this system? There seems to be a cap in-line of the tweeters, maybe someone knows what that is about?