Roof part wanted

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
RobTFC

M roadster S50

Roof part wanted

Post by RobTFC »

Part number 51448401847

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... 1448401847

If anyone has one of these spare (from a car they are breaking etc.) would be interested in buying it from you!

thanks
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Roof part wanted

Post by Gazza »

Have you tried the Dealers ?
For such an inexpensive part I’d give them a try.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
RobTFC

M roadster S50

Post by RobTFC »

Yep, they wanted £9.50!!!

Even the person at the dealership was embarrassed!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to spend the money where needed (I've spent £1000's in parts over the years) but at the same time that amount for a 1cm square piece of rubber is enough to make me look elsewhere first.

Interestingly enough I do find that some parts are excellent value for money from the dealer, and others are ridiculous.
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Hi, On the topic of roof parts wanted im looking for an entire roof! As a generalisation can anyone tell me if the Croydon Soft Tops hood is worth a look please, would love to hear from someone whose dealt with them...

Thankyou very much, Jeremy.
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

OK lets try again, has anyone used Discount Car Hoods of New Milton in Hampshire any feedback please, he,s quoting £565 for a new hood fitted and all that, was wondering if anyone has any previous dealings, am reluctant to travel up to Croydon 250 mile round trip, it equates to similar money factoring in petrol, time, etc...surprisingly few companies out there doing replacement hoods it seems despite there being a lot of rag tops on the road...regards Jeremy,
wifevanda

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by wifevanda »

Hi used croydon soft tops in May .very nice chap really good black top fitted.sewn in Window £495.