Z3 M Coupe/Roadster Standard Rear Exhaust & Beam

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Jonmurgie

M coupe S50

Z3 M Coupe/Roadster Standard Rear Exhaust & Beam

Post by Jonmurgie »

Having had a set of the Exdos modified exhausts fitted to my (old) Coupe I've got a set of standard/original rear boxes taking up space in my office.

They are in excellent condition having covered approx. 40k miles and the tailpipe are in superb shape with no corrosion or dings.

Open to offers...

Collection from the Cheltenham/Tewkesbury area as these are too large and an awkward shape to ship I'm afraid.

------------------------------------------------------------

I've also got a Rear Beam from a Z3 M Coupe that I picked this up a a while ago as a "spare" but never needed (phew!). It's still as it arrived, all boxed up so no real images other than these:

Open to offers, don't want much for it.

This one can be shipped (as it's already wrapped up) or you are welcome to collect from Cheltenham/Tewkesbury area.
Jonmurgie

M coupe S50

Post by Jonmurgie »

Bumpski - no reasonable offers refused!
Rocketman

M roadster S50

Post by Rocketman »

Sorry to be dim, but when you say 'rear beam' what do you mean?

I have a Z3M roadster starting to suffer from popping spot welds on boot floor. Is your 'rear beam' the reinforced repalecment crossmember that is sometimes fitted during spot weld / boot floor repair?

Regards
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

No it's the rear suspension subframe that bolts forward of the boot floor and has the trailing arms bolted to it. It also has the diff bolted to it (the front half) but it's not a part that is connected to the bootfloor failure/rear diff mount failure.
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

c_w wrote:No it's the rear suspension subframe that bolts forward of the boot floor and has the trailing arms bolted to it. It also has the diff bolted to it (the front half) but it's not a part that is connected to the bootfloor failure/rear diff mount failure.
Well yes and no. The subframe is not directly connected to the bootfloor, but it's the movement of the rear subrame/diff combination that causes the damage to the bootfloor. This is one reason people fit the less compliant urethane subframe mounts. It's an atempt to reduce the subframe movement and as a reult the movement of the diff, preventing damage to the bootfloor.

Si.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Si you're confusing things :P Although it could be argued that stiffening up the front mounts basically moves the force elsewhere (ie to the diff ear).

But in any case this is not a part that would be used in any "bootfloor" issues.
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

c_w wrote:Si you're confusing things :P Although it could be argued that stiffening up the front mounts basically moves the force elsewhere (ie to the diff ear).
Not really, stiffening the front mounts moves force to the front mounts which are much beefier and away from the diff ear mount that is attached to a less thean robust boot floor.
c_w wrote:But in any case this is not a part that would be used in any "bootfloor" issues.
Yes, agreed.l The rear beam would not fail and would not need to be replaced to solve any boot floor related issues.

I am taking this off Jon's hands and will be using it to upgrade to adjustable rear camber / toe brackets and uprated ARB mounts.

Si.
Jonmurgie

M coupe S50

Post by Jonmurgie »

Sorry folks, completely missed the discussion here!! You've all figured out what I mean and Si has it correct, it's now on it's way to him!!

Rear Boxes still available though :)