Modified Z3 2.8 - with 3.0 power - £2500!! - now sold

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
evo-rbd

Z3 roadster 2.8

Modified Z3 2.8 - with 3.0 power - £2500!! - now sold

Post by evo-rbd »

1997 - R reg. Bmw 2.8 Z3,94k Miles which may increase. Comes with Tax & MOT, plus Full service history. It comes with a nice Alpine CD unit which also matches the amber display. It has a very good condition interior & very effective heated seats.

Over the last 6 Months I’ve gone a bit over the top on this project & spent far too much on it..but when you start it’s hard to stop.

It’s had a Powerflow high flow sport cat & s/s exhaust (rrp £750) – Fitted & made bespoke at Top Gear St Albans

Inlet manifold conversion (the manifold has larger bore intake ports, thereby removing the restriction and increasing power and torque) – also fitted at my local BMW Scotthall garage

K&N 57i induction kit..

The wing mirror bases have been re-sprayed to correct the usual corrosion issue.

New Spax suspension, which included dampers & springs – Fitted & set up at BMW Main dealers & is very similar to OEM but just a little less roll & height whilst having the same ride comfort.

New rear tyres,

Z3M rear lights & front clear headlights..more costly but I prefer the complete unopened BMW units opposed to just taking out the orange indicators & having the bulb showing.

It has It has been to the main dealers for the majority of the recent work which included an inspection 2 & some normal wear & tear items i.e arms, etc. It also had the suspension geometry all re aligned when they fitted the suspension. I also had them remove the seats & replace the bushes which are a common weal area & after time the seats move. It now has the uprated ones from the USA that everyone on here recommends. Whilst it was at BMW i also ensured that the diff oil was changed as part of the inspection 2 & also I has the dashboard bulbs replaced to ensure everything glows as it should.

The roof is in good order & has absolutely no leaks. The only thing that could be replaced is the rear window as it’s not 100% clear & the edging is coming away slightly like they all do, due to the seal needing renewing. I have omitted just gluing it as I want to show it in this condition as I’ve nothing to hide. I’ve had my local paint shop go over it & repair any minor marks & also Supaguard it to superb effect.

It produces circa 230-240bhp, is very healthy & quick. I've spent well over £2k on this project car in the last 6 months & it has been fun but I love to change my cars regularly as I enjoy seeing them transformed. It's had 2 previous owners who were ladies & the last one had owned it for 8 years..

To say this Z3 handles & performs well is an understatement. BMW should have made it this way to start with, it’s incredible. But a new project awaits.

Any inspection welcome & encouraged.

£3900 ono

Thanks, Rob
Last edited by evo-rbd on Fri 02 Mar, 2012 21:07, edited 5 times in total.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Colour ?

Circa 240bhp, how ?

Use Photobucket or similar to add pics.

Welcome to the Forum.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
evo-rbd

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by evo-rbd »

Hey Gazza,

I'm hoping to sort the picture issue out shortly..

Arctic Silver

It's had the m50 inlet manifold conversion which dishes up circa 220-230bhp..Then new high flow cat & s/s exhaust, along with a K&N 57i with a front air feed. Those along with it being a very healthy engine should see it around 230bhp-240bhp, but I've not had it rolling roaded as yet.
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Putting the induction kit on makes hardley any difference to the BHP on the Z3. I have the 3.0 and it has been remapped and is only around 240bhp and when i asked about the induction kit and other changes Evolve told me not to bother as i wouldnt really gain anything. You should get it on a rolling road before stating what BHP it is doing as it could be misleading, especially if someone buys it then puts it onto a rolling road straight away and it doesnt reach the figures suggested. Just my opinion and dont want this to sound as though i am having a go.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
evo-rbd

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by evo-rbd »

From reading the other posts on here I was under the impression that the Inlet conversion brings the power up to circa 220-230 bhp. Fitting a more free flowing exhaust including a high flow sports cat will allow the gasses leaving the engine which helps increase the power. Now that the gasses are flowing faster, the Induction kit aids with the intake of air & now more free flowing nature of the engine. I have put circa 230-240 bhp as I've not had it rolling roaded. Just a foot note, if you rolling road any car especially when it's new they very rarely hit the manufacturers claims. My e36 3.0 M3 was not 286 bhp but 270bhp..the reason for this is that when the manufacturer does these tests its done on the engine out in a bench test. Anyway, thanks for the comments & let's keep this to a for sale thread, any other questions, etc then just drop me a PM. Thanks, Rob
evo-rbd

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by evo-rbd »

Price drop to £2500!!!..grab a bargain.. needs to go in the next 7 days as my 911 is arriving.. :lol:
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Modified Z3 2.8 - with 3.0 power - £2500!!

Post by Pistol968 »

Wow- what a bargain. If I had not have just bought one recently I would have snapped this up as it is a lot better than mine for similar money. I think that's called Sod's law.

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it will go soon.

Peter
Bench

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Modified Z3 2.8 - with 3.0 power - £2500!!

Post by Bench »

Zedonist these mods are proven BHP increases. I have them on my 328 track car with a remap. There are many dyno results on E36 coupe that prove gains.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
evo-rbd

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Modified Z3 2.8 - with 3.0 power - £2500!! - now sold

Post by evo-rbd »

Thanks for all the interest guy's..but the car has been sold to a fellow forum member which I'm really pleased about as I know he'll look after it..

Thanks, Rob
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Modified Z3 2.8 - with 3.0 power - £2500!! - now sold

Post by Gazza »

Excellent news and an excellent looking car
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage