Z3 1997 2.8 for sale

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Zed's not Dead

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z3 1997 2.8 for sale

Post by Zed's not Dead »

1997 2.8
122,000 miles
£1700

Fantastic sports car, had an amazing summer charging around the countryside with the top down.

It has done quite a few miles however the engine, clutch and gearbox are still in great shape. Engine ticks over well It seems that the previous owners have taken care of it with regular servicing many of which are from BMW. I have an Experian HPI check from 2009 which the previous owner must have done. I can email you a high-res version if you wish to give it a read over, needless to say it came up clear apart from a Plate change (as it had a private plate at one point).

Car comes with:

TAX until May 2014
MOT until May 2014
Full Service and MOT History
Experian HPI check
Blue cover (as seen in photo)
A pair of Red side grill vents (never got round to putting on it)
2 brand new Pirelli tyres (front)
Modern radio with AUX, USB and Bluetooth.

Negative Points:

The car has some minor blemishes such as some spots of rust, these have been treated as best I can with Gelonite from the day I recieved the car and appear to be under control.
- I can highlight these areas when viewing the car, or I have some pictures I can email to you.

The cigarette lighter does not work
- I think the car must have been left out in the rain at some point as it seems the metal has rusted. The electronics work as I tried replacing it with a new one but the hole in the center console is a different size, i'd recommend measuring it before buying a load of stuff like I did.

The external air temperature sensor doesn't work
- I have taken the outside air temerature sensor out as the previous owner had sprayed it grey and which caused eronius readings and would annoyingly beep at you whilst driving. I think the sensors are about £10 on eBay.

The lower lumbar seat adjustment doesn't work
- The seat adjusts back and forth correctly however.

The passenger side central locking solenoid is faulty
- Does not always lock when keys are turned in the drivers door or boot, you must either turn the key in the lock or push the pin down.

The drivers seat guide has been repaired with black electrical tape
- This DOES NOT affect the MOT but is however, annoying.

The compartment behind the seats is difficult to open
- Either that or i'm not unlocking it properly.

Someone looks to have keyed the car at some point.
- Passenger side door.

Has not been officially serviced and will be due for another shortly approx 1000 miles.
- This is due to my Father doing the servicing himself as he was a mechanic at my age and won't let anyone else near it.

Despite the aforementioned wear and tear the car is in great shape runs perfectly well and shall be missed next summer!
Unfortunately i'm in need of something more practical, looking to buy a 1Series or Golf if anyone is interested in some sort of part exchange.
Cash on collection preferred.

I am in West Byfleet, Surrey if you are interested in viewing

Folder of Pictures!

Cheers
Alex

alex.ferguson@6point6.co.uk