Brushed aluminium centre console

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
z3lowey

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Brushed aluminium centre console

Post by z3lowey »

As per title, looking for the brushed alu centre console - can't find it on RealOem, is it discontinued?

Anybody on here help with sourcing/got some for sale etc??

Are they an easy fit DIY?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Brushed aluminium centre console

Post by Southernboy »

You're better off looking on eBay. I doubt you will get a new one from BMW any longer.
Fitting new facias requires removal of the entire center console (not overly complicated if you have done it before, but can be confusing if you haven't)
Once you have the console out, you can remove the screws on the underside and dismantle the bits. Again not very difficult..

Here are 2 links to eBay where you can see pictures of the 2 facia parts you are looking for, but obviously you want the brushed ally look...and your upper facia may be different than the one shown depending on the dials etc you have in your car currently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-Beige- ... 4aed50e62b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-Biege- ... 33a5e97c57
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
z3lowey

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by z3lowey »

Thanks - as ever, first to respond: much appreciated! :)
billibob

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by billibob »

Hi,
Would have replied sooner but couldn't find parts. I have now found a brushed aluminium centre console. I replaced it with a wooden one so is not needed. Are you still looking ? If so, pm me and I will try to take some photo's to make sure it's the right one for your model as it came off a 2003 Z3 roadster.
z3lowey

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by z3lowey »

Yes, still looking, please upload me some photos - appreciate your reply!
sirius-c

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sirius-c »

I've got one for sale pm me if interested
complete with clock, ash tray, chrome dials and heater controls, leather gear gator etc <-------SOLD

Last edited by sirius-c on Mon 14 Sep, 2015 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Designed or not designed, that is the question.
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

i am looking for one too so whichever one is spare after z3lowey has taken one, i will be interested.
billibob

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by billibob »

Hi,
Can't download photo's. But it's the same as the console photo only I only have the aluminium parts not the complete console.
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

Hi, if you cannot get the parts then you can laminate over existing surface you have, or even perhaps spraying it. I have considered spraying mine with Plastidip to change the colour just for kicks, and can peel it off if it gets damaged or I want to go back to original. Just a thought! cheers. If you are not in a rush one should come available some time in the future. They often do when someone breaks a zed! good luck.
z3lowey

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by z3lowey »

Thanks all for help, bought a set from Ken (Billibob) today, nice to meet a forum member for a quick chat before work.

Cheers!!