Parts for Z3 available

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Mike

Z3 roadster 2.8

Parts for Z3 available

Post by Mike »

long time on the forum due to ill health. MY 2.8 ZS has finallly given up since i had a couple of strokes rendering if unusable. 1999 model unused in garage in France for !" years. a few cosmetics and need doing but needs clutch to be replaced. Clutch kit is supplied but illness makes that job undoable by me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!currently garaged in Glenac,France. Available for parts of whole car for 1000 euros only. Buyer collects, will need trailer to transport!!!. glenac is a lovely short trip to the south of brittanly. contact on fmikefrench@aol.com. Weather hot and sunny today. car is french registered and rare in france.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Parts for Z3 available

Post by Gazza »

It’s worth adding more detail to your ad :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Gazza wrote: Fri 03 May, 2019 08:59 It’s worth adding more detail to your ad :wink:
I agree. But €1000 sounds like a bargain price regardless unless it is falling to bits.

I believe left-hand drive/Z3 prices on mainland Europe are generally higher than UK so might be a good bet for someone based over there. If not in France then Belgium, Netherlands or western Germany which would all be doable with a trailer to that part of France.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Howard Adams

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Howard Adams »

The advert mentions its French reg, possibly not LHD.. MY 3.0 Z3 is a Uk car but reg over here in France. The second hand price over here can easily be double the Uk price especially for the 2.8 & 3.0.
H
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Doing some digging and Mike has owned the Zed since 2000, it’s RHD and reached 200,000 miles
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

Indeed, continental z3s are much dearer than in the UK. Another good reason to keep mine when when I came back over!
But 1.9s are about twice the price, but 2.8s and 3.0s closer to 3 times! Well, the asking price, anyway...

Boosh.
Z3crazy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3crazy »

My 2000 1.9 cost me (including hard top, wind deflector and tonneau cover) the market-conform price of €9000.
90.000 miles (145.000 kilometers) on the clock and pristine condition.

Due to our local "Postman Pat" there's a tiny dent on the boot lid from his bike :evil:

You can pick up a Z3 for much less but the soft tops all look shabby, paint is worn and tired, high milage (over 150,000 miles) and the seats aren't much. Starting price is around €3000 for a "project car".

Dave.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Z3 1.9 2000, Cosmos Schwartz
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Mike - nice to hear from you.
Look after yourself!
Mike

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike »

hi all, tnks or the replies but french reg.. car is uk based. I hd with 25K miles in 2000 and it is just short of 200K now. good condition except for a few minor gliches that are cosmet. it had a new roof before i came our here from a place in south London. The engine was totally overhauled before coming here. Its been a star here. just needs to have the clutch replaced now. Good buy by someone, to 2.8s here only a few 1.8s albeit with fance stickers. Price is cheap for here. A working 2.8 would be about 3 - 4 K. prepared to split for part if ness. good luck everyone.