Z3 and Z3M Fuel Tank Straps

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Mazza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z3 and Z3M Fuel Tank Straps

Post by Mazza »

Hi all,

I am new to .net, but registered as I had seen my name mentioned on a post about tank straps.

The update on them is that I have manufactured replacement sets and they are now available.

The set comprises of the two straps, fitted with rubber cushioning and the cable clips. There is also a basic fitting guide.

As you are probably aware, the original BMW straps are no longer available, and when they were, the rear beam had to be removed to install them.

My replacements only require the removal of each of the rear wheels in turn, as each strap is made up of two parts.

The price per set is £65.00 plus £7.00 postage in the UK ( Royal Mail 1st class parcel, tracked and signed for)

These are currently only for Z3 versions, but I am working on a modification to cover the Z3M, which has an additional lower canister strap that is bolted to the underside of the smaller N/S strap.

Update......Z3M version now available but limited stock. Of the 15 that were modified there are now only 7 sets left
The price per set for the Z3M version is £90.00 plus £7.00 postage in the UK
Z3 tank strap supplier :roll: and Rock Star 8-)
Zola3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Z3 and Z3M Fuel Tank Straps

Post by Zola3 »

Hi Mazza,

Just to qualify to anyone on here who hasn't come across your work, I'd like to thank you on this forum for your research and generosity. I would suggest that a great many 20 year old Zs are likely to need replacement tank straps sooner or later and this is a very practical alternative to save a lot of heartache and expense.
I say Soanes - park the Z3 would you? There's a good chap.
Mazza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mazza »

Just as an update,
The first batch of 100 sets have now all been sold. Mostly in the UK , but also to Belgium, Holland, Ireland, Sweden, Romania and the USA

I have had a new batch of 50 sets produced ( std Z3 version) and these are now available.

Due to the smaller batch size, and manufacturing costs, these are £70.00 per set plus £7.00 carriage ( UK addresses) by Royal Mail, First Class Signed for Parcel Post.
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Well done Mazza. Having bought a set from previous batch and fitted them with little effort/difficulty I can confidently endorse your product.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Hi Mazza, do you still have some availability on standard Z3 straps? I'm keen, thanks.
Mazza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mazza »

Stock available .....email sent
Many thanks for your interest
Cabrioot

Z1 roadster

Post by Cabrioot »

Hello Mazza.
Need sstraps for mi z3 coupe 3.0.
Are they still avaliable?…
When yes need to be shiped to Holland.
Thanks
Leo
Mazza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mazza »

I will send a private message.
Mazza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mazza »

Many Thanks to all who bought sets from me.

All sets now sold.