Z3 2.8 AUTO 1999 76000 miles Oxford Green

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
hetticus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z3 2.8 AUTO 1999 76000 miles Oxford Green

Post by hetticus »

Dear zroadsters, I am new to the forum. Typical of me not to find it until I'm looking to sell!
I have read the rules on stock exchange posts, so hopefully this is ok.

I am posting a gumtree advert link and I have uploaded some pictures to Flickr (as per advisory)

I am sad to be selling my Z3, but I have two daughters who are both starting to drive and need a different 2nd car for that, plus I have a sore hip which is starting to really notice how low down I am on long journeys! :(

If there is any information missing which I should have included then do let me correct it.
Happy to answer any questions honestly and quickly!
My early intention was to do a straight "Swapshop" style swap for a low mileage hatch back (Sorry!)

I spoke to the z3 captain at the BMW club, lovely chap, who provided some solid advice and so I'm attempting to sell privately!
I wonder if anyone has any advice or contacts that may be interested in my Z3 perhaps you could contact me.

Flickr Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/gp/190277509@N08/DFUKqT
Fledgling advert on gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehicle ... 1384522203

Asking Price is £4995 ono
MOT is due in October, but i'm ok to get that done for the right private buyer who would like it done.

It runs beautifully, but probably don't need to tell you that !
I thinks its in really good condition for a 20 year old car, but I would say that !

My view of None Mint aspects:
Airbag light comes on. (It always passes its MOT and its been on most of the 4 years I have had it and when I bought it)
Little bubbling of paint under driver's wing mirror. Never touched it and never got any worse since I bought it.
Few dinks and dents on the bonnet and a scratch at the rear bumper. (Scratches are not down to the lacquer apart from one on the bonnet)
Seat belt runners on seat shoulders are both broken,. (I read on here how to fix and the ingenious alternative, but its too much for me to do!)
Most recent servicing was to replace the gasket and some airleaky pipes into the engine, which fixed a small shudder on low revs.
Its full service to 2014 (bearing in mind very low mileage) and since then I have had it maintained by an z3 enthusiast at a local garage to me.
Do let me know if there is anything else required in terms of info.
Many thanks for any steers towards a sale.
David
hetticus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Z3 2.8 AUTO 1999 76000 miles Oxford Green

Post by hetticus »

Just to update the above “For sale” - MOT is now complete valid until Oct 2021.
New rear tyre and Brake pipe replaced for that MOT , plus an oil service ....
Apologies if that is sacrilege to have it done at garage 🙄
Thanks
David 🤓