MoT Fail

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

MoT Fail

Post by Parki »

Hi have just returned from my local MoT garage with a long list of fails.
I had been expecting some issues but these problems are beyond my energy/resources so I am forced to dispose of the car.
It is a '97 1.9 auto in Boston Green with a tan top.
It would be a major project for an enthusiast or for spares.
If I get no response it will go for scrap.
PM me for further info.
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: MoT Fail

Post by Parki »

Hi all
am now in the process of scrapping my 1.9 auto '97 Z3 & have various parts I'd like to list for sale before it goes.
Complete Hard Top fittings with Hard Top in Boston Green (I'm reliably informed a colour change costs approx £100)
£800 for both.
Also boot rack & fittings (its the one that goes through the boot so guess the boot lid can be bought extra)
£200
OEM CD player & Radio
£50
Bits & pieces such as Radio aerial £10
Cargo net £5
I'm not good at mechanics so don't ask for anything difficult but could take off easy things like headlights etc.
All prices are ONO.
PM me for any further info etc.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi Parki,

Really sorry to see your car going for scrap. I was faced with a very similar decision with mine, and have elected to fix it, as the problems were not huge, but are a bit costly as I'm not able to do it myself. Most annoying part is having to SORN it and then trailer it to the bodyshop!

Your hardtop is probably worth more than that, as the fitting kits go for about £400.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Hi R
thanks for input. The fail was the inner sills & possible inside that. repair could be £2K +.
The lower price reflects I'm in Northumberland & it would cost £50 to collect also Boston Green is not everybodys favourite colour so am allowing for respray.
Alan
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Hard top & fixings now £650
Boot rack £100
CD player £20
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »