Links to other Zed related web sites

Any site announcements will be made here. Also the place to make suggestions to help improve this site. Also use this forum for reporting suspected errors or for asking 'how to' questions.
daverave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Links to other Zed related web sites

Post by daverave »

Can someone explain why it is that links to other Zed related web sites are frowned upon. Surely the more zed related sites we have knowledge of the greater our pool of knowledge and the larger the circle of zed enthusiasts we get to know. Surely that can't be a bad thing can it ?
ImageImage
color

Z4 M roadster

Post by color »

I want to join in my voice behind this question.

I fail to understand why cross-linking is not only a good thing which leads to cooperation and a greater community. Would it not be a benefit for us all?

Post by Guest »

I am not sure that appropriate links to other Z3 websites are particularly 'frowned' upon?

There was one recent issue of another sitte being blatently promoted here that was deemed out of order, but a lot of links to specific information exist. We cetainly welcome and discuss the issues our friends at z4um are having.

Si.
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

siwilson wrote:There was one recent issue of another sitte being blatantly promoted here that was deemed out of order,
Which is how the whole discussion started - but then in emails between myself and Tim - which I am certain you saw - the whole thing got broadened to general linking between sites and a flat refusal to allow for signatures, cross-linking or cross-promotion of events ...
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

DavidM wrote:
siwilson wrote:There was one recent issue of another sitte being blatantly promoted here that was deemed out of order,
Which is how the whole discussion started - but then in emails between myself and Tim - which I am certain you saw - the whole thing got broadened to general linking between sites and a flat refusal to allow for signatures, cross-linking or cross-promotion of events ...
Are you suggesting that someone who may (or may not ;) ) be organising an event on one Z forum is not allowed to advertise that event on another?

Is this not likely to promote a "Them and Us" mentality which has, I've felt, been avoided in Z forums?
color

Z4 M roadster

Post by color »

This is OT, sorry!

But Dave L2, I gotta say you have a gorgeous color on your Zed. :)
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

color wrote:This is OT, sorry!

But Dave L2, I gotta say you have a gorgeous color on your Zed. :)
Why thankyou :oops:
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Post by greg_ch »

Dear all.

I'd like to draw your attention to the following thread which I believe is in the interest of the broad church of Z communities.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 464#127464

Thank you

Greg
daverave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by daverave »

As someone once said "It's good to talk" Lets just hope ALL involved can come to an amicable agreement. Seems such a shame to have a links button at the top of the page but nothing there when you click on it.
Just as an aside I only found this forum by following a link from another forum and I'm sure others on here arrived by a similar route!!!!!
ImageImage