Z3 Supercharged

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

All clear with the road test, some of the packing did blow out, so its a bit louder at the top end again, but generally in the right direction.

this is the new system at the rear.

and this is the melty pipe at the back !! it gets soooooo hot.

Need to fillet out the rear bumper again then fit the new tail pipe end and mesh out around it, this will prevent anything else melting.

car from the rear now has the right look.
basically there is nothing below the rear bumper line, much cleaner and looks far better.

Two things i have notice with the new exhaust (well re-work 5) is that i can now hear the supercharger alot clearer, wails down the road.
The other thing is that the car is now making 9.9psi of boost against 9.6psi before. I think this exhaust has free'd up a bit of boost power

The saga continues......
Still modifying
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

Well, i just realised i never finished off this thread.

Final figure was 230hp from the supercharged M44 at just over 10psi of boost.

A good figure, the car was quick and agile. I reakon with a turbo set-up with the same boost and intercooler it would have made closer to 250hp, as there are no parasitic losses with a turbo. Charge also would have ran cooler/denser with the intercooler. But hey i wouldn't have had all that fun and whining noise (not the other half!)

As some of you would have read, i have now sold the engine/charger etc in foavour of a V8 conversion that will yield a significant increase over the M44.
Still modifying
jont

Z3 roadster 1.9

M44 Supercharger idler pulleys

Post by jont »

Mark
Have you had a problem with the idler pulleys chopping out if so what did you replace them with. ?

Regards JohnT
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

jont wrote:Mark
Have you had a problem with the idler pulleys chopping out if so what did you replace them with. ?

Regards JohnT
John

You might be better to PM Mark as he has now sold (dismantled) his Z, not sure how often he is on here now.
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

I'm still about Brian :)
Still modifying
jony9

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Z3 Supercharged

Post by jony9 »

Hi mate

How's this been running?

I am in the middle of getting some cash together to buy a charger kit for my 1.9 z3.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks jon
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Hi Jon, I pointed you toward this thread via FB, just to add that Mark hasn't been on this site since April 2014, you could try sending him an email via this Forum.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

Hi all, sort of back
Just toying with buying a z4m
Any questions please email, happy to help
Still modifying