Eibach lowering spings

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Eibach lowering spings

Post by MpowerRob »

Hi all I know a lot of you recommend and use these lowering springs can I just confirm these are the correct ones and there's not more than one type as I'm about to hit the buy it button. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311469425398? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Eibach lowering spings

Post by Southernboy »

Those are the ones... Just bear in mind that they will lower the car aprox 30mm. This may cause the front tyres to rub against the plastic trim which attaches to the body and is visible with the bonnet up. Also, it will definitely rub against it when going over bumps. The choice is to fit stiffer shocks to prevent this. What you will sacrifice though is ride comfort. It will become noticeably harder with the springs and stiffer shocks. What you can do is fit thicker spring pads available from BMW. This will reduce the lowering to around 23 - 25mm, and you can retain your OEM shocks - that's if they are in good condition. Finally, you will need to be very careful approaching speed bumps or other ramps as you will find entering underground parking areas - the car will easily bottom onto these hurdles with the possibility of wrecking the exhaust.
Coil overs are a more sensible choice because they are adjustable which means you can fine tune the height you drop the car. 20mm would be the optimum for appearance and comfort in my opinion. They do cost a bit more though.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

+ 1 they're the ones I fitted although didn't have an issue with rubbing at all. At the same time as swapping the springs out I also replaced the shocks with the standard Sachs ones - ran 235s and 255s without a single issue.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I've helped put them on a hatchback in the past, the 30mm is really "up to 30mm" and so it was quite subtle. We paired with Bilstein B4 (standard length shock) and I was impressed with the results - I'm of a generation that does not like cars overly lowered just for the appearance :)
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by MpowerRob »

Thanks for all the quick replays, have ordered the eibach lowering springs today :D does anyone have a part number for the spring pads that have been mentioned?
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

I'll dig out my order from BMW when I did mine, from memory I went for the lower profile pads for the best (lowest) ride height and it's been great - providing the wheels aren't unsuitable

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by MpowerRob »

Wheels are 18" with 225 45 all round was going to go 255 rear 225 front but it rides great so might leave as is.
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

I did the exactly the same and was lovely. 255s give really nice grip on the back

Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

As in 225 and 255