Z Register

Discussion of anything to do with the BMW Car Club. Viewing and posting limited to Z Register members.
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z Register

Post by 100GRA »

I seem to remember that a similar topic was discussed around 18 months ago and I thought at the time that it had been resolved, but perhaps not ...

I am a Z Register member (and listed as such), but when I try to go into the section headed "BMW Car Club and Z Register - posting limited to Z Register members", I get a message saying: "Sorry, but only moderators can read topics in this forum."

Can anybody explain?
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs, as we say in Yorkshire. Not only can I now access the BMW Car Club and Z Register section, I am now listed as a moderator! Thanks to whoever was responsible for that.

This is the first time that I have been able to read the debate on the future of the Z Register which took place in December 2006, and which was more or less along the lines of my original query soon after I joined the BMW Car Club in July 2005. I feel that the Z Register is something definitely worth supporting in the future, and I would be willing to help in any way I can if anybody else feels it is worth forming a small group to keep it going. Or is it already a dead duck?

I would echo the disappointment others have voiced about the lack of Z Register notes in the club magazine, and for starters - as a journalist - I suppose I ought to volunteer to do something about that. If I could be sure of getting the raw information, and the club guaranteed us the space for a column each month, I would certainly be prepared to knock something together.

Has anybody else any thoughts on this, and whether the Z Register should be more than just a windscreen sticker?
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

100GRA wrote:Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs, as we say in Yorkshire. Not only can I now access the BMW Car Club and Z Register section, I am now listed as a moderator! Thanks to whoever was responsible for that.

Phil has sorted this. The only way to make your user name appear in green is to list you as a moderator. Strange but true.

This is the first time that I have been able to read the debate on the future of the Z Register which took place in December 2006, and which was more or less along the lines of my original query soon after I joined the BMW Car Club in July 2005. I feel that the Z Register is something definitely worth supporting in the future, and I would be willing to help in any way I can if anybody else feels it is worth forming a small group to keep it going. Or is it already a dead duck?

In hand

I would echo the disappointment others have voiced about the lack of Z Register notes in the club magazine, and for starters - as a journalist - I suppose I ought to volunteer to do something about that. If I could be sure of getting the raw information, and the club guaranteed us the space for a column each month, I would certainly be prepared to knock something together.

Also in hand. Should be something in the next issue and subsequent ones.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

I'm a ZRegister member but my name has never been green and now that you have pointed the above out, I can't get into this area either....any mods reading can you have a look into this.

Thanks
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Send a PM to Phil and he should be able to sort it.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

100GRA wrote: This is the first time that I have been able to read the debate on the future of the Z Register which took place in December 2006, and which was more or less along the lines of my original query soon after I joined the BMW Car Club in July 2005. I feel that the Z Register is something definitely worth supporting in the future, and I would be willing to help in any way I can if anybody else feels it is worth forming a small group to keep it going. Or is it already a dead duck?

See also http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14347

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Alex L wrote:I'm a ZRegister member but my name has never been green and now that you have pointed the above out, I can't get into this area either....any mods reading can you have a look into this.

Thanks
Likewise...........Although my name used to be Green ???????

And I would like it to be Green again Damn It !! I am a member afterall :wink: :wink:

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
JAY
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by JAY »

I too have no access to the zregister forum. I have PM'd phil over a year ago now!!!
And_101

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by And_101 »

I joined the Z register over a year ago - and I have a sticker to prove it (somewhere :lol: ) However I've not PM'd Phil...

......yet :lol:
www.PCandMacIT.com

Member of Team Lauterbrunnen

Stickers

Post by Guest »

You're lucky - I joined the Z Reg back in 2000, and I never did receive a sticker! I have never liked it anyway, as it's too dark, too big, and does not match any of the other BMWCC register badges.

As it is now virtually dead (was it ever really alive?) at least anyone trying to revive the corpse will not have to worry about what has previously been done.

The trouble is finding someone with the enthusiasm to try, finding what people expect from it, and getting a good attendance if anything is organised.

One good thing would be that any event would be covered by the BMWCC insurance, which is always a wise move, but would only cover BMWCC members.

Does anyone have ideas as to what they would expect of a healtyh and active Zed Reg?

Maybe we should move this thread to the Z Reg Forum?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Stickers

Post by Gazza »

Mike Fishwick wrote: Does anyone have ideas as to what they would expect of a healtyh and active Zed Reg?

Maybe we should move this thread to the Z Reg Forum?
Not a good idea Mike, the point raised earlier is that the Z Register Forum is not accessible by members, only Moderators for some reason

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage

Post by Guest »

I said it before and I'll say it again. the Z Register NEEDS to move over to the BMWCC if it is to have any value. Becasue its here the BMWCC give it no love. Now Tim has resigned maybe it the best time for it to move over.

Si.

Z Reg

Post by Guest »

It's an odd situation, with this site hosting the original Z Reg Forum, which dates from before the advent of the original BMWCC Forum, and the BMWCC site including a Z Forum some years later.

I also get the idea that the Z Reg is regarded by some BMWCC members as a bastard child - just like the car itself! There will always be people like that, but they are not indicative of the membershp as a whole. This does not however mean that the BMWCC would not provide any facilities needed by a reborn Z Reg.

the basic problme is that if the Z Reg is to be healthy, it must provide something members want, while not being a 'Club within a club' and being in competition with the established regions in terms of events.

Z Reg members have, however, put a lot of their £5 fees into the BMWCC, and this investment should provide something - any ideas?
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Many hours have been put into trying to solve the problem of the non-appearance of names in green. Without success I'm sorry to say. Anyway, I've now opened up the 'BMW Car Club and Z Register' to everyone, and have moved this thread there as well.

In the early days I spent a lot of time writing articles for the Club magazine, only for them to be cut beyond recognition (in favour of what I considered inferior editorial), or totally ignored.

A tremendous amount of effort was put into the Z Register but it remains at the mercy and whim of the National Committee of the BMWCCGB. So many regulations foisted on us without discussion. Mike mentions, "being in competition with the established regions in terms of events". I am afraid this is typical of the attitude. The regions and the registers are two separate entities, I have never agreed that the registers should be subservient to the regions.

Simon suggests the Z Register should move. One of the many 'requirements' of the BMWCCGB is that the register should maintain extensive electronic records. Those records are online here. OK, I can quite easily delete them, but who will take over this thankless task?

Graham (100GRA) is to be applauded for offering help. Maybe other people should be asking "what can we do the help the Register?" rather than carping about the size of the badge (which I hasten to point out was designed by the National Committee).

Anyway, I have now stepped back from the committee leaving Phil and Nero in charge. I am told by the National Committee that there has to be an AGM held somewhere in the UK to vote in a new chairman. Another rule that works OK for regions but is unworkable for a national Register. No doubt Phil would prefer the AGM to be in the Midlands, whilst Nero would prefer the Scottish lowlands. But who will travel hundreds of miles to attend this meeting?

I worked hard to promote the Club and the Register and was top 'recruiter' one year, and second highest in another year. Over the years the Z Register has had nothing from the BMWCCB, but its members have contributed thousands of pounds in fees to the central office.

You have to ask whether the Z Register really needs the Club!

Tim
BartS
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BartS »

Zmeagol wrote:

Tim
totally agree ....

and although I have renewed my membership of the club, it is the Zroadster.net community is much closer to my heart than the BMWCC GB.
Bart

a qualified - Northern Highlight - chuffin' nutter
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

BartS wrote:
Zmeagol wrote:

Tim
totally agree ....

and although I have renewed my membership of the club, it is the Zroadster.net community is much closer to my heart than the BMWCC GB.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Surely this is an appropriate time for Z Register members to stop moaning about what is wrong and categorically say what they would actually like the Register to be. If an AGM is going to be held at some stage (?) to elect a new chairman and committee, then surely now is the time to try to formulate a direction. Of course, whether the National Committee goes along with those ideas is another matter, but if there are enough loud voices, maybe just maybe, they won't be able to ignore them. As they say, use it or lose it!

Rant over

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

If I may be so bold......What is the role/function of the Zed Register?

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Thanks for the history Tim.
Everybody on this forum should be (and I'm sure is) grateful for all your efforts in the past, even if they weren't personally party to them at the time.
I've heard from several corners about the 'political' wranglings within the BMWCCGB and I can completely understand such unconstructive behaviour putting the dampers on your enthusiasm and hard work. Shame.

Well done to 100GRA for volunteering his help, but I think you'll find that several other members have already done the same via pm and email, so don't think that the offers aren't forthcoming....

As for an AGM, why do members have to be present? Surely it can be conducted by a PM or email vote by Register members? All it needs is a proposal by a proposer, a seconder, and someone impartial to compile the results.
Again, I'm happy to help with this if needed.

Marise, it's difficult to work out what you want from a 'register' without some guidance of what might be possible from the leadership. Someone needs to get the ball rolling with some ideas, maybe by analysing one of the other more successful registers?

The fact is that Zroadster.net is already a very active 'club', and membership (or not) of the register shouldn't really influence who can and cannot attend events.

Yep, the sticker could be a load better, but I still want one!

A.
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

The only reason I haven't joined the Zed Register is because I really couldn't see the point in parting with my money for very little in return (sticker or no sticker).
To be honest I'd much rather send Tim £10 because I get so much from this site, it's more of a club than what I believe the Z register to be and to Tim I am truly grateful.
So Tim if you would like £10 to go towards the up keep of the site, it's yours
:D

Bex
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

calbens wrote:To be honest I'd much rather send Tim £10 because I get so much from this site, it's more of a club than what I believe the Z register to be...
Fundamentally that's the issue and is why the Club fell out with the owners of the old BMWCC Forum last year.

The Club needs to understand that this is the 21st century and most people now want forums and internet related chat, not endless Committee Meetings, AGMs, Club Rules, regulations and other such 'grey suit' paraphernalia.
RobBruce

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by RobBruce »

How about the BMWCC Z register becomes a subsidiary of ZRoadster?

We seem to be much more organised, up to date and active than they do. Maybe we should take the lead and they can join us! :D

(Even if we don't have a sticker - yet!)

Rob
In God We Trust - everyone else gets PNC'd.
daverave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by daverave »

Oh Rob you said the "S" word. Go and stand in the corner. :D
ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

The Z register is exactly what it says -- a register of Z cars -- a list, in other words.
The message board is a collection of Z enthusiasts.
It just so happened that years ago when Tim started this message board the BMWCC allowed this to be the 'forum' for the Z Register rather than putting it into the Club forum.
What happens next with the register is a matter for debate -- within the club.
So --- I am caretakering the register -- and am writing the News in the club mag..
Second -- what do you want from the club.
Third why dont you stop wingeing and give me some ideas that are constructive.
At present there appears to be only one regular Z meeting and that is the one arranged by Marise and I and is well attended.
I am trying to find 5 cars to be displayed at Bimmerfest and so far have only 3.
Please give me some feedback that is positive rather than what is going on at present.
So far I have comments about being 'green' on the forum and having a sticker for the car.
Wow -- I am excited --- !!!!!!!!!!
Now come on lets be positive or I for one will throw in the towel ----------------
Rant -- big time ---- over.
PS Apologies for this post -- I have been enjoying a bottle of excellent wine and it has loosened my tongue. However, I intend to do my best but need some feedback and support. :head: :head: :head:

Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Phil wrote:I am trying to find 5 cars to be displayed at Bimmerfest and so far have only 3.
Where's the Bimmerfest post Phil? I can't seem to find it. I'm up for that if I'm free! :)
Phil wrote:At present there appears to be only one regular Z meeting and that is the one arranged by Marise and I and is well attended.
Not sure I agree with this. There are other members that organise 'regular' events, but just becuase they aren't necessarily advertised in the Club Mag (or on this board) does that mean they don't count? :?

I sort of understand your rage, but not totally, I'll be honest. I think the problem is getting too fixated on badges, clubs, organisations. Life's too short really and to be honest surely the only thing that matters is a love of the car, not what club you do or don't belong to.... :|
RobBruce

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by RobBruce »

Giles wrote:
Phil wrote:I am trying to find 5 cars to be displayed at Bimmerfest and so far have only 3.
Where's the Bimmerfest post Phil? I can't seem to find it. I'm up for that if I'm free! :)
Phil wrote:At present there appears to be only one regular Z meeting and that is the one arranged by Marise and I and is well attended.
Not sure I agree with this. There are other members that organise 'regular' events, but just because they aren't necessarily advertised in the Club Mag (or on this board) does that mean they don't count? :?

I sort of understand your rage, but not totally, I'll be honest. I think the problem is getting too fixated on badges, clubs, organisations. Life's too short really and to be honest surely the only thing that matters is a love of the car, not what club you do or don't belong to.... :|
Exactly - to paraphrase a certain famous American............

Ask not what your members can do for you, but what you can do for your members.

I enjoy the social aspect of this forum, the 'unofficial' and quite regular cruises and meets, and the yearly events such as Gaydon and the Norfolk Run - none of which were organised or had any interest from the official 'Z Register'.

Why would I want to be involved in another 'Register' that has less to offer? I'm not interested in 'showing' my car - I'd rather drive it than clean it - but that's my choice. So what does Z Register offer me, other than being on a 'list'?

ZRoadster has nearly 5000 members, a large proportion of which are UK based. They join this site voluntarily and the majority stay - cos they like it and what it offers.

The BMWCC Z Register needs to take a look at itself, and see what it's offering ALL Z owners. I don't give a to55 about stickers, flags, or any of that rubbish - I just want to have fun with my Z. The Z Register doesn't offer that at the moment, and that's the problem.

Phil, I wish you all the luck with this. It undoubtedly feels like a thankless task. But if you want more interest, it's gotta appeal to a wider audience.

Rob
In God We Trust - everyone else gets PNC'd.
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Giles wrote:
Not sure I agree with this. There are other members that organise 'regular' events, but just becuase they aren't necessarily advertised in the Club Mag (or on this board) does that mean they don't count? :?

Of course they all count but who else has organised a meeting every month since October 1999? That's regular! It started off being independant and gradually came under the banner of a Z Register/Central region event, open to all BMW owners along with anyone 'zed friendly' and has spread (because we decided) to anyone who enjoys a spirited drive and dine evening.
Last edited by Phil on Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Giles wrote: I sort of understand your rage, but not totally, I'll be honest. I think the problem is getting too fixated on badges, clubs, organisations. Life's too short really and to be honest surely the only thing that matters is a love of the car, not what club you do or don't belong to.... :|

Part of the problem here is people confusing the Z Register (part of BMWCCGB) and zroadster.net. Being part of one doesn't necessarily mean being part of the other. At the moment, they appear to be inextricably linked in the minds of the members here.

spokey

blank

Post by spokey »

The Navigator wrote:(because we decided) to anyone who enjoys a spirited drive and dine evening.
Unless they have kids, of course. :roll:
Ciao,
Spokey
jackal on PH wrote:i love your profile... an endless pornographic paroxysm of the letters BMW

do you actually like driving at all or are cars to you just a manifestation of some sort of pathological mother complex ?
tetchmeister
Z Register member

Not specified

Post by tetchmeister »

I have a ZRegister sticker that I haven't used, maybe I should put it on ebay since there appears to be a high demand.....

For me the CC offers 2 magazines, and I attended the 2 treasure hunts that TonyCal organised. Oh, and a CC sticker which is in the car.

Can't think of anything specific that the ZRegister has offered, I guess if it is just a register of cars, then I spent my registration money on being part of that list and getting a sticker (fortunately by the sounds of it) which is in a draw at home waiting for the highest bidder.

ZRoadster has given me plenty of drives around the country, a few long weekends and a lot of new friends, also a place to share information and moan about BMW getting things wrong, and a place where I had to defend the Z4 for the first 6 months, as it divided opinions in a big way, all for the price of my internet connection and a lot a petrol.

What do I want from the CC and ZRegister, I guess just what we have here on Zroadster. There have been a few occasions when something has been advertised in one of the CC magazines that have been sold out, of positions filled before the magazine was distributed, so I guess the Zregister could some how be a live version of the magazine? that would be nice. Other than that, I don't feel like i'm missing out on anything.
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

The Navigator wrote:Part of the problem here is people confusing the Z Register (part of BMWCCGB) and zroadster.net. Being part of one doesn't necessarily mean being part of the other. At the moment, they appear to be inextricably linked in the minds of the members here.
Understandable perhaps, when you read the front page....
[Zroadster.net]...is also home to Z Register, the specialist section of the BMW Car Club GB that serves owners of Z roadsters and coupés.
If the 'register' is just that and nothing more, in what way is the word "....serves...." to be interpreted? I ask out of interest, not accusation.

And is the register available somewhere for members to view?

A.
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Giles wrote:

If they are 'private' events they cant count. Club events are open to all clubmembers and not just Zs. That of course is a potential problem in itself.
Additionally, and also problematic , is you have to be a club member to attend.
So from this forum's point of view there are lots of forum people who are not in the club.

garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I'm not a club member :oops: but trying to get things into terms that I can understand/compare with clubs that I am a member of

Do you have to pay the £10 to join other special registers within the club?

garyw
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

garyw wrote: Do you have to pay the £10 to join other special registers within the club?

garyw
Yes, is the easy answer to that. I am a member of the car club, Z register and, as I suspect some of the other M power owners, a member of the M power register. I get as much from the M power register as I do from the Z register. As Phil has stated in a post above, the primary task of a register is to form a list of cars and owners, the register also organises the Z displays at a couple of events e.g. Gaydon. I dont really see any other time the register is involved.
Some of the other registers within the club are a bit more active, for example the 2002 register, but this is because the events they attend are geared more towards the classic cars, for example Alexandra Palace.
As Phil has also stated above This board is a place for enthusiastic Z owners to get together and discuss thier favorite BMW. They do not have to be a member of the car club or register to do so. I feel this board is far better than any forum held on the main BMWCC web site (this is hardly used mainly because most are members on here and get more from this board, you also need to be a car club member to access it) and is more benificial to Z owners as a whole. As Tim has mentioned in earlier discussions on the subject, the club chairman was more than happy to have a link put on the Z register page to this board.
I found Zroadster some months before I joined the car club and during the time I have been on this forum, and the previous version, I have organised and attended quite a few of the events via this board, these I would not have attended had it not been for this board, if it was arranged via the car club forum for example.
A couple of the events I organised over the last couple of years, the treasure hunts, did not attract the attendance I would have liked from this board, and other Z boards, so I decided to open them up to the main body of club members, via the south east region, as well as Z owners, purely to get enough people interested. I think I can say that all those who attended this different type of event, had a good time on them.

In short I get nothing from the registers I belong to, apart from a sticker and a position on a list, I get far more from the car club regional events and from events organised via Zroadster.
JAY
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by JAY »

Hey Tony,

I haven't seen you for years!!!

Whens your next hunt???
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

How do I get z register member under my username?
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Join the Z Register?

And thanks for making me green!
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Oxford_gruen_II wrote:How do I get z register member under my username?
Magic :lol: :lol:

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Phil wrote:
Oxford_gruen_II wrote:How do I get z register member under my username?
Magic :lol: :lol:
Ask the little Green fella at the bottom of your garden :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Cheers guys

C
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Justinitus

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Justinitus »

If you enter "BMW Z Register" into Google, it comes up with this:

zroadster.net :: It is also home to Z Register, the specialist section of the BMW Car Club GB that serves owners of Z roadsters and coupés. ...
www.zroadster.net/ - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

This is what I searched for and ended up joining you guys here :lol: I also belong to 2 other online forums, both of which feel much less of a family and less friendly than zroadster does, but are sources of good information nonetheless.

As one of you mentioned, we are enthusiasts who are here to gather knowledge, make friends, help each other out and enjoy our very special cars. So far, this is what I've found on this site much more than any other.

Congrats :D
Regards

Jus

RIP: '06 Z4 2.0i Sport, Montego Blue, Heated Black Leather
Roadmonster
Z Register organiser

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Roadmonster »

Thanks Phil :D
BMW - Bitch Makes Whupass.......(Topless)
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

I have been a member for over 3 years and still no green name :bawl:
Mark
The Original ///M Roadster + maybe just a couple of mods! Gone but never forgotten, now in a Z4
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Its not how long you been on here mate but who u know!

and I obviously don't know anyone either cos I've been on here for over 2 years and near 1400 posts and still not on the Z register! Might sell the Zed and go and buy 3er if it continues like this! :D

Kidding of course! :roll:
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

Mine is ok :D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

And mine :D
Gazza

ImageImage
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

Phil is on the case :D
Mark
The Original ///M Roadster + maybe just a couple of mods! Gone but never forgotten, now in a Z4
///m murf
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by ///m murf »

And in a flash i'm Green :D :D :D :D

Cheers Phil
Mark
steveH

blank.gif

BMWCC ZRegister

Post by steveH »

Hi. Iam new to the Zed scene having not yet even collected my new Z3M Coupe....soon, very soon...
An enthusiast and bmw stalwart I last owned e30 M3's and M3 CSL and was bmwcc M3/ CSL register. What was my role?? if merely to keep record of members/ their cars then this is held at club offices. It should be to unite fellow members of the same register and works well for some ie MPower, Z; 2002: e30 etc BUT we found members often preffered to gather amongst their Regional members ie north-west; north-east etc. So one could choose albeit IMO the bmwcc would like to push the registers in fact one director, Andy Mcarthur is dedicated to helping the registers and promoting same once a definition is found (???) any ideas??

This said the commarade within the bmwcc is worth the joining fee (£35/ £45.00) and some of the events home and abroad are second to none.

The club does cater for all and the mag. is top drawer.

This said their web/ forum site is a dead loss a point I will raise for their next nat. comm. meeting. This forum is far more active, lively and helpfull which is a credit to mods and those who post, visit, support etc AND this can still be related to the bmwcc NOT seperated from it.

for those members of the bmwcc please promote so those non-members see the benifits. invite and promote the wider Club picture and attend events. the club will benifit from increases in members which by members demands will in turn keep us all happy.

hope this will not out-cast me already and with the club chairman a Z owner then lets get stuck in.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: BMWCC ZRegister

Post by Ian_C »

steveH wrote:Hi. Iam new to the Zed scene having not yet even collected my new Z3M Coupe....soon, very soon...
An enthusiast and bmw stalwart I last owned e30 M3's and M3 CSL and was bmwcc M3/ CSL register. What was my role?? if merely to keep record of members/ their cars then this is held at club offices. It should be to unite fellow members of the same register and works well for some ie MPower, Z; 2002: e30 etc BUT we found members often preffered to gather amongst their Regional members ie north-west; north-east etc. So one could choose albeit IMO the bmwcc would like to push the registers in fact one director, Andy Mcarthur is dedicated to helping the registers and promoting same once a definition is found (???) any ideas??

This said the commarade within the bmwcc is worth the joining fee (£35/ £45.00) and some of the events home and abroad are second to none.

The club does cater for all and the mag. is top drawer.

This said their web/ forum site is a dead loss a point I will raise for their next nat. comm. meeting. This forum is far more active, lively and helpfull which is a credit to mods and those who post, visit, support etc AND this can still be related to the bmwcc NOT seperated from it.

for those members of the bmwcc please promote so those non-members see the benifits. invite and promote the wider Club picture and attend events. the club will benifit from increases in members which by members demands will in turn keep us all happy.

hope this will not out-cast me already and with the club chairman a Z owner then lets get stuck in.
I've often wondered about the benefits of the BMWCC. I'm not currently a member but wonder what benefits a £45 membership fee would bring other than a magazine. I feel that I get camaradie and great meets from being an active member of zroadster. I'm not 'dissing' the BMWCC, merely playing devils advocate. Could someone enlighten me please...