Another newbie!

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Bally

BMW other

Another newbie!

Post by Bally »

Hello everyone, after a run with an MX5 decided to go for the full hit & purchased a 1999 Z3, 2.0 in topaz a couple of months ago. Searched through the forums for help etc. & this looks a good one!

I seem to have all the usual Z3 problems, broken seat belt guide, rattling glovebox, heavey excelerator & other little squeaks & rattles etc etc so i'm busy catching up with it all from your forum & working my way through each repair :rtm:

Not got any pictures yet except for the dealer sales picture.
Attachments
BMW Z3.jpg
BMW Z3.jpg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Re: Another newbie!

Post by ///M_aniac »

Bally wrote:
I seem to have all the usual Z3 problems, broken seat belt guide, rattling glovebox, heavey excelerator & other little squeaks & rattles etc etc so i'm busy catching up with it all from your forum & working my way through each repair :rtm:
Hi Bally,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new car.

A heavy accelerator is not a problem. My 2.0 has heavy pedals all round - I personally like this. My 2.0 doesn't have any rattles though. Where are these coming from?

C
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Hiya and welcome to the forum...........excellent choice of colour.... :P

Shabs...... :wink:
Magnetic force
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Thanks everyone, yes topaz blue looks good on the car and the chrome handles and window surround lift it still (like the reg shabs!).

The pedals are heavey & I know from a previous 3 series its a BMW thing but the engine seems to have a delay on decelleration, tried oiling linkages and springs etc. to no avail.

Rattles!! ive cured one from the wipers so far, the rubber mounting on the wiper motor bouncing up and down in its bracket, there seems to be one some where behind the glove box which is worse when the roof is down. One somehere behind the passenger seat which is worse when someone is sat in it!! tightned every screw, padded out everything in the tool box, i will find them eventually...

Aside from all that its a great car & sounds fantastic, roll on the good weather!!
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Bally wrote:Thanks everyone, yes topaz blue looks good on the car and the chrome handles and window surround lift it still (like the reg shabs!).

The pedals are heavey & I know from a previous 3 series its a BMW thing but the engine seems to have a delay on decelleration, tried oiling linkages and springs etc. to no avail.

Rattles!! ive cured one from the wipers so far, the rubber mounting on the wiper motor bouncing up and down in its bracket, there seems to be one some where behind the glove box which is worse when the roof is down. One somehere behind the passenger seat which is worse when someone is sat in it!! tightned every screw, padded out everything in the tool box, i will find them eventually...

Aside from all that its a great car & sounds fantastic, roll on the good weather!!

Thanks...........

You will be able to sort all the little things out in time, and it will be worth it.
I like the plate too.... :P :P

Shabs.... :wink: :wink:
Magnetic force
Ash_88

blank.gif

Post by Ash_88 »

thats very nice, i have 2.0 as well also on a 99 plate, thankfully i haven't discovered any rattles yet. I see yours has got the rear roll bars which mine unfortunately doesn't, something tho which im looking into at the moment.

Hope you enjoy it :)
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Yeh its not got a bad spec thanks with the hoops & M sport interior plus chrome pack & electric roof & seats, i was looking for a 2.8 but just could not find a decent one with same spec in budget. Maybe next time.

Just fitted a windbreak to the hoops, just wish the sun would come out so i can try it out!!

I will beat the rattles only 2 left then its sorted :)
ZedMatt

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ZedMatt »

Looks and sounds similar to my spec. 8-) Good choice! Looks fab

I find the pedals quite heavy too and it takes me a few minutes to get used to it each weekend. Makes things a little lively on Monday mornings when I get back to the light pedals in my Polo on the way to work :D