Just saying hello!

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Z3 Mark

Z3 roadster 1.9

Just saying hello!

Post by Z3 Mark »

:D Finally got a car I've been dreaming about for years!

Just posting to say Hi and make sure I've got all the settings correct really :)

Just bought a 1997 1.9 z3 in Atlantic Blue ... loads of work needed on it (all minor I hope) but it's a great feeling to have one of my "poster" cars finally and having the roof down is such a novelty, even if it is bloody freezing!!! :D
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Just saying hello!

Post by Davejue1 »

Hi. And welcome! Fantastic car the Zed. You'll get all the help and info off here. I've only been on the forum since September and everyone is very helpful and friendly.
Enjoy!
Regards
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Hi and welcome to the forum from me too :) . Lots of help available on here any questions just ask. Enjoy Zeddin.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hiya, its a welcome from me too in sunny but cold south Cumbria :wave

Happy Zedding
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Z3 Mark

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Z3 Mark »

Work commitments mean that I haven't even had a day off since getting the zed! :roll:
I've been lurking on here though reading through and trying to answer as many questions myself as possible :) It looks like a really great place to find out pretty much anything about our great little cars :D :drive

Seems to have a load of UK users too, which is handy as me and US customs don't seem to get on when I order things :head:
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi again, if you tell us where you are, peeps in your area will get in touch for meets or help ect

Just something to think about in case you don't know - always make sure the cabin is warm before you drop the roof when its really cold as you may crack the back screen - or better still let the sun warm it up for you first.
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Z3 Mark

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Z3 Mark »

seasurfer wrote:let the sun warm it up for you first.
... hehe I'll be lucky!!! :lol:

Good tip though so thanks, Luckily I have been waiting but I hadn't thought of that, I've only driven with the roof down for about 10 minutes in the entire time I've owned the car so far :D

I haven't had a day off since I picked it up (Wednesday) and I need to take it back to the dealer as the fuel guage is shot... and it needs a bloody good service.... but it's all mine finally :D :D :D
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Another tip if you want one - throw a thin towel over the back screen before dropping the roof and let it fold in as it goes down - will help stop any scratching marks appearing - cat blankets are good for this, new ones of course :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hi Mark,welcome to the forum. As everyone says you will find this a mine of information and hints etc.Enjoy your Z3 even in the cooler weather. Where are you located? Anywhere near Lincoln?
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Z3 Mark

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Z3 Mark »

seasurfer wrote: cat blankets are good for this, new ones of course :D
Perfect, the little sod owes my after peeing in my last car on his way to the vet last time, so ill use one of his blankets :D

I'm based in south London.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome to the forum Mark....Like your enthusiasm for the Z cars...especially the Z3.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions